Anti roll bar linkage ball joint has slight play both rear (3,4,5) (a) (I)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This was an advisory on the mot. (You probably guessed) any ideas what that means needs doing. And is that enough detail for me to ask on the phone or do the garage need to have a look before giving a price? Cheers

Sponsored Links
I guess you are talking droplinks ( stabilisers) here?
Generally fitting is around 1/2 hour per side but it depends on the vehicle.
A repair isn’t needed urgently as it’s an advisory but you do need quality parts fitted.
John

Sponsored Links
Thought I'd do an update.
I was in the local tyre shop today to see if they do drop links. They do and it's £99 parts and labour. Not sure how it's that cheap??

I was in the local tyre shop today to see if they do drop links. They do and it's £99 parts and labour. Not sure how it's that cheap??
Well, they have to pay rent, wages, national insurance, electricity, etc, etc.
You can do it on your driveway for the price of the parts.

Well, they have to pay rent, wages, national insurance, electricity, etc, etc.
You can do it on your driveway for the price of the parts.
I think he was saying it's too cheap, not complaining about the price!

I think an independent garage would charge about £50 per labour hour including overheads so that leaves £50 for parts.

I don't think it's cheap, it's about the right area. Does depend on the quality of the parts really.

Having done these on three of our cars all vw's the pricing is about right the garage has built in the normal vw buggeration factor... only the top nut is supplied with the link. The bottom one is reused and its a disparate metal just like the f'''''ing rear caliper bolts so they can weld themselves on . Not difficult just a time eater

Yes. I was thinking of asking what brand they use and maybe seeing if they might use another if I pay a bit more.
Thanks for all the comments.
That is a good attitude, not very often seen generally. Better quality parts will only add a potential £20, possibly £40 to that bill, assuming they have only quoted for cheaper parts.

Sponsored Links
Back