anti virus

Seems I have a secure computer. Thanks Eggplant for all your advice and for your patience with some untechnical questions your help is much appreciated THANK YOU

Sponsored Links
Since using avast anti virus spybot has reported no problems found on every scan, is this normal, or is this a testament to how good avast is?

:eek: Aaaaaargh !!!!! Having just posted a question on another topic in the hope of some kind person assisting me, I started looking at other posts in the hope of furthering my education.... I succeeded in depressing myself because of all the things I don't know ! I have a Voyager 210 ADSL router, supplied by BT. Is that a NAT router ?

:?: not entirely sure whether this is a hi-jack or not - if it is apologies and I will go away.....

Sponsored Links
Softus.You really should try and be more helpful and not verbally abuse people like PChelpman because his name says exactly what's on the tin. It does **** me off when people make comments just to get peoples backs up by typing when such abuse wouldn't be tolerated face to face. Be 'friendly', instead of a prat. And before you think,don't assume I'm PChelpman because I'm not. :evil:

dustnbones said:
It does p**s me off when people make comments just to get peoples backs up by typing when such abuse wouldn't be tolerated face to face.
Well get your best grin ready then, 'cos I'm just as much a git in person.

Softus said:
Well get your best grin ready then, 'cos I'm just as much a git in person.

Yawwwwwwn….you probably are a git Softus and much more but politeness prevents me from saying how much. Judging by the amount of messages you’ve posted it seems like you’re in need of a exhilarating fix of keyboard action to spice up you dull existence. Unfortunately tedium is not one of my strong points so you’ll have to search elsewhere for your inane adolescent tit for tat stupidity.

1st thing I can say ditch Norton.........

TROJAN !!!!!!! THERE DONT CLEAR IT !

its still on your system

KEPT GETTING THE REPEAT NORTON VIRUS ALERT .................THAT WONT DESTROY IT....

AVG Virus ,,,,,,,DEAD !
Kasperky......

everyone else
MNorton scum .........

Don't worry Moz, the OP was back in January and got himself a hardware firewall and an AV program. Nice writeup by eggplant too. I didn't think AGV was dead either, I think they stopped supporting some of the older versons but is OK if you updated. Norton is one of the big names in the field which virus writers like to attack.

IMHO, NAV is one of the (if not the) best engines available. It's their Internet Security product that let's them down.

The problem with A/V software is that it can be become damaged with little indication that it's not doing it's job.

Sponsored Links
Back