Antibiotics...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
"The Covid-19 pandemic will “look minor” compared with what humanity faces from the growing number of superbugs resistant to current drugs, Prof Dame Sally Davies, England’s former chief medical officer, has warned"

Linky Linky

So what does the UK do?

"New rules intended to reduce the use of antibiotics in farming in the UK have been criticised as too lax and weaker than their equivalent under EU laws"

“We know that animal health and welfare are inextricably linked with our own, so it is vital that antibiotic resistance is tackled in humans and animals"

Linky Linky

In addition...

"Ministers repeatedly promised, before and after Brexit, that farming and food standards in the UK would not be watered down after leaving the EU. The Guardian, however, has revealed numerous examples of environmental rules that have been weakened, from regulations on air pollution and water quality to pesticide use and agricultural emissions"

More Brexit lies!

And not exactly conducive to meat exports!

Sponsored Links
IMG_2564.gif

"The Covid-19 pandemic will “look minor” compared with what humanity faces from the growing number of superbugs resistant to current drugs, Prof Dame Sally Davies, England’s former chief medical officer, has warned"

Linky Linky

So what does the UK do?

"New rules intended to reduce the use of antibiotics in farming in the UK have been criticised as too lax and weaker than their equivalent under EU laws"

“We know that animal health and welfare are inextricably linked with our own, so it is vital that antibiotic resistance is tackled in humans and animals"

Linky Linky

In addition...

"Ministers repeatedly promised, before and after Brexit, that farming and food standards in the UK would not be watered down after leaving the EU. The Guardian, however, has revealed numerous examples of environmental rules that have been weakened, from regulations on air pollution and water quality to pesticide use and agricultural emissions"

More Brexit lies!

And not exactly conducive to meat exports!

What you have to say may be so important to mankind. But you bore us all in the way you do it.

For the good of the world ✨❤️ try another approach. You could our savour.

Ellal always reminds me of that old woman in the Up Pompeii tv series who is always running around saying "Woe, woe and thrice woe" to anyone who would listen. He does it with such glee too - I genuinely believe that like JohnD, he actively seeks out stories that he think shows the U.K. government in a poor light. I wonder whether they will change if their luvvie Labour Party ever got into power?

Sponsored Links
Ellal is like that old woman in the Up Pompeii tv series - always running around saying "Woe, woe and thrice woe". He does it with such glee too - I genuinely believe that like JohnD, he actively seeks out stories that he think shows the U.K. government in a poor light. I wonder whether they will change if their luvvie Labour Party ever got into power?
You're OK with lower standards ?

No need to seek out stories to tell of Tory incompetence.
It's all there in plain sight, for those with eyes to see.

So we are not going to pump animals full of chemicals that we eventually ingest . Win win

So we are not going to pump animals full of chemicals that we eventually ingest . Win win
From that link

New rules intended to reduce the use of antibiotics in farming in the UK have been criticised as too lax and weaker than their equivalent under EU laws"

You're OK with lower standards ?
Mottie won't provide an answer since this announcement simply shows up another Brexit lie...

Of course standards will fall further still when all that US crap food eventually hits our shores!

And he obviously doesn't understand the problem with ingesting more antibiotics via our food.

Are the ones whinging about lowering standards the same who whinge about border controls and ensuring bio security at our
borders?

Have you read it?
Yeah. Did you?

"The updated regulations come into force on Friday. They ban the routine use of antibiotics on farm animals, and specifically their use to “compensate for poor hygiene, inadequate animal husbandry, or poor farm management practices”.

I'd rather they looked after the animals better instead of pumping them full of antibiotics 'just in case'. So are you all for the routine use of antibiotics to "compensate for poor hygiene, inadequate animal husbandry, or poor farm management practices"?

Yeah. Did you?

"The updated regulations come into force on Friday. They ban the routine use of antibiotics on farm animals, and specifically their use to “compensate for poor hygiene, inadequate animal husbandry, or poor farm management practices”.

I'd rather they looked after the animals better instead of pumping them full of antibiotics 'just in case'. So are you all for the routine use of antibiotics to "compensate for poor hygiene, inadequate animal husbandry, or poor farm management practices"?
Read post 9 maybe

Sponsored Links
Back