any advice appreciated, darn vauxhall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, hope someone can shed some light on my problem without calling me a stupid baffoon!!
i have a 2000 W plate astra van 1.7dti
been a brilliant van for years, last year engine management light came on rarely when i "booted it" a little. was told egr valve anyway managed to carry on for a year without changing it.
finally on the m62 it gave me a scare so i ended up getting a nice shiny one out of a newer shape at my local scrapyard. i gave it some boy racer antics all with no problem :) few hours later van wouldnt start, after getting black for a couple of hours i gave in and rang the rac for the first time in my 12 year membership, the really old, miserable guy that came out did his checks and informed me it was my diesel pump. not happy
anyway worked out cheaper to get a lower mileage,newer engine with all ancillaries fitted. new engine was running great in the other van. fit it in my van today. SAME PROBLEM bloody thing wont start, any advice is welcome, iv reached the end of my tether . really dont want to replace it as its a 5 seater and really hard to find :( thanks for reading :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back