Any alarm guys here

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 8 zone accenta panel installed about 5 years ago no problems with it at all last night it went off itself when it was'nt set the keypad indicated tamper only way to get it to stop was to set the system set of an alarm activation and then enter my code and reset.
Then today the siren outside out of the blue started making a high pitched bleeping sound all by itself no activation as the system was'nt set, again the only way to stop it was to activate an alarm and reset, anybody any ideas what the problem is, there was no indication on the keypad of a fault and I have no idea how to get it sorted its all very strange indeed.
Does anybody have an idea what could cause this. thanks for any advise.

OS

Have posted the same question on a couple of forums as I could really do with a fairly quick response to get this sorted out
Cheers

Sponsored Links
you obviously have a tamper fault, as we have had bad weater i am wondering has you external bell box got water inside, since you said "started making a high pitched bleeping sound all by itself no activation "

although you think its not on, in reality your alarm is on 24/7 it just does not make any noise since you havent told it that it should, but the ANTI-tamper cicuit doesnt worry about the on / off state if it thinks its being tampered with it tells the panel and off it goes

breezer said:
you obviously have a tamper fault, as we have had bad weater i am wondering has you external bell box got water inside, since you said "started making a high pitched bleeping sound all by itself no activation "

although you think its not on, in reality your alarm is on 24/7 it just does not make any noise since you havent told it that it should, but the ANTI-tamper cicuit doesnt worry about the on / off state if it thinks its being tampered with it tells the panel and off it goes

But does the tamper not set of the alarm as if it was an activation this was just a high pitched bleep ??

differnt panels, differnt things for tamper 9/10 external sounder will NOT go off if unset and tamper fault occurs

i am thinking that you your sounder is at fault (ingress of water) that is why you heard the high pitched beep, something inside your external siren is / got wet

Sponsored Links
if it is water, better off getting a new bell box, it will now start to corrode

Checked cables, no damage, there has'nt been any thing changed in the house or no decorating done, checked outside sounder and its dry no evidence at all of any water getting in and there is no signs of any corrosion it looks as good as the day it was instralled.
when you remove the side screw the microswitch on tamper sets it off replace screw stops it again so it seems ok.
Can't figure out the battery part if the back up battery in the sounder had died as others have suggested surely that would only come into play if the cable was cut between it and the panel and if it was flat nothing happens but a flat battery would'nt make it go of

you would be surprised what problems flat batteries can cause in alarms, but in a "bell" they just usullay die or explode (i am being serious)

all i can suggest for now is leave it BUT do, do the following

if / when it goes off leave it, go outside and make sure it is the external sounder

note any thing showing on keypad

then enter your code

again note anything on keypad

as i said (and so did the other forum) i suspect it is your sounder at fault

you should also take it apart as if water has got behind the pcb, although they are usually sealed water may have got in and is causing something to "short"

I disconnected the tamper circuit at the panel, between it and the sounder.
I can set and unset the system as normal.
if I get an activation now when the system is not set it could then be a tamper fault on the rest of the tamper loop, if that happens I will disconnect the tamper loop completly.
To be honest I could live without the tamper loop as the outside sounder is the only place it could be damaged.
If I have no tamper loop and another activation well then it will be a replacement sounder and I just want to make sure before I fork out £30/40 on it.

Cheers

OS

Tamper link in panel seems to have done the trick, no problems over the weekend.
Must start saving for a new sounder panel..................

Cheers.

OS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back