Any bits worth saving?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Candy Nova Washing Machine (6 years old) packed up just before Xmas, it appears as if the spider has come away or similar.

I'm about to chuck it but I'm quite nosey so wanted to see how it worked/see if I could see what was wrong.

I've pulled it to peices and now have a box of components - are any worth saving as generic spares? Are any worth selling on ebay or similar?

I got the drum out and removed the lumps of concrete, I stripped it down as much as I could so I'm now left with the big bit of outer plastic with the drum still inside with the shaft poking through the bearing. I tried belting the shaft through but it didn't want to go and has just distorted the end of the shaft - so gave up at that point!

Sponsored Links
generally the timer/pcb/controls, motor, fill valves, drain pump tend to be the most commonly wanted parts.

Motor and controls are probably the most valuable and may be worth ebaying. The rest may cost more to send than worth as second hand parts.

Thanks for the reply,

I think I'll stick the Motor, PCB, and Controls on ebay then anything I can get back helps with the cost of the new one!

Is anything like the thermostats or heater element universal and worth saving or are they pretty much machine specific?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
most heaters and stats are fairly cheap anyway, we only keep ones that are rare or cost alot (do a parts search on suppliers and manufacturers and have a look at costs)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back