Bosch Washing machine won't drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... but everything appears to be working. Pump impeller is spinning as I can see it if I remove the drain cover. And its difficult but not impossible to stop with a screwdriver. Took it out and it turns OK with the usual magnet resistance in two places. Drain pipe completely clear and so is where it sits in and I can't feel or see any obstruction in pipe from drum to pump. In any case water drains out through the small drain hose next to the pump so is clearly reaching the pump from the drum.

Having exhausted all the potential issues in what is a simple circuit I have ordered a pump and housing from espares which arrives today. This is on the assumption that there is nothing else and the pump may be running slow, or impeller is slipping on shaft under pressure. Otherwise I can't think of anything else unless someone has any ideas ?

Its annoying as machine was £429 and is 2 years and two weeks old and had a JL 2 year warranty. I have spoken to them and they said get and engineer out and they will consider on a case by case basis. Which is fair enough and I quoted the SOG and JL have always been good in the past on the odd time I've had an out of JL warranty issue. They replaced a whole microwave in one case a year out of warranty. Part is only £40 and if it fixes it I'll discuss them paying for it as I've saved them a £95 call out fee, assuming its an early life part failure. But I'm not too bothered about £40.

Sponsored Links
For all those waiting with baited breath the replacement pump from espares fitted a treat and you could clean the patio with the power of the water being pumped out. So despite no blockages, pump appearing to work as in spinning with a impeller seemingly solid in place a new pump fixed it. No idea if the pump just wasn't spinning fast enough anymore or the impeller was slipping under load (don't think it was that) just change the whole thing. Its not expensive and is easy to do .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back