Seriously puzzled after investigating washing machine not draining. Pls Help!

The vast amount of failed pumps are due to blockages or something interfering with the impeller, as we know......however, there is a possibility the pump spindle bearings are worn, and the noise doesn't manifest itself every time the machine is used..
So, if you are sure there are no obstructions in the sump hose from the machine drum or the outlet hose to the drain, I'd go for a new pump anyway.
You may be able to identify what you need from espares or similar.
John :)

Sponsored Links
I think you are right, John. And the so-called 'universal pump' (£20) looks like it should fit. The problem with the pump appears to be intermittent. What I don't need is a repeat of the original problem (1 October), when I was doing an emergency last-minute wash before a holiday - and the machine would not empty, grrr. And I also don't want to risk possibly flooding my downstairs neighbour. So at the first sign of trouble (where 'trouble' includes alarming noises from the pump), I shall install a new one. But the WM itself lives on. It didn't spin on 1/10 but this was almost certainly because it wouldn't empty. If however it refuses to spin even though it's empty - then it's curtains. :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back