any help with wire-less alarms

dont be sorry, i never said it broke, it was just cheap plastic

some cheap plastic does indeed become brittle after time.

Sponsored Links
I can't say i'm too bothered hat colour the box is so long as it deters theives! I'm perfectly happy with mine as are the other owners of theirs, it does the job and was priced well. All those slating them-have you first hand experience of them?

as stated in past post! I HAVE GOOD REASON to think there mickey mouse! from this do you not think i have first hand experience with the junk! you cant beat a good old hard wired system, i agree its not the lazy approach of wireless system!

as for not bother about the yellow box on your wall! i did not mean as much of the colour, i ment that word YALE! to any intruder they also know its mickey mouse, ie not monitored!

Like on all other forums the only people who seem to slate them and claim they are junk are the pros, of course you would, it takes trade away from you! One guy even tried to claim it WON'T go off if someone tried to get in-they do have a walk test just like all the other alarms out there! It auto dials 3 numbers, considering the Police took over 3 hours to arrive when one of the people who now has one got burgled i can't say i would see a monitored system having any faster response considering this was a 999 call and he stated he wasn't sure if they were still in the house! Proof is in the pudding as they say, lets see if anyone who now has one gets burgled. Considering the cheapest pro install was around £2.5k for a wired system there's a bit of a price difference(£350 for the Yale with 2 active sirens, 2 keypads, 5 PIR's, 3 door contacts & 3 window contacts). ADT also do a wireless system but again that was over £1K. I do a lot of work for a very big national company, they have fully monitored alarms with monitored live CCTV, that didn't stop theives getting away with over £100K's worth of what they sell!!(& it's happened more than once at different locations).

Sponsored Links
Not at all, i just think your claim of they are rubbish is in itself rubbish. You can have an all singing all dancing system and still get burgled, they are nothing more then a deterant.

as iv been a pro now for around 20 years! i should know which systems intruders hit!

these systems are the the 1's with no company logo on the siren and you geussed it the 1's with yale or chubb!

as they are not monitored by the police, the intruder will not get nicked!

with a company logo the intruder does not know if its policed or not!

so more reasons to go wired with a company logo

"I do a lot of work for a very big national company, they have fully monitored alarms with monitored live CCTV, that didn't stop theives getting away with over £100K's worth of what they sell!!(& it's happened more than once at different locations)."

Suggests to me logo, monitored etc means nothing. The Police took over 3 hours to respond to a 999 call, are you telling me a monitored system would get a better response than a 999 call?! Any alarm can be defeated, snip the phone wire and without a GSM dialler it's powerless.

Suggests to me logo, monitored etc means nothing. The Police took over 3 hours to respond to a 999 call, are you telling me a monitored system would get a better response than a 999 call?! Any alarm can be defeated, snip the phone wire and without a GSM dialler it's powerless.
Oh dear, a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, too many crime films I think.

I'm all ears as to how a monitored system contacts the outside world without either a GSM module or phone line? The thread has gone totally OT, the OP was asking about wireless systems, plenty of people have the DIY systems(this is a DIY forum is it not?!) and have no problems.

drgl, i guess YOU must be right then since you have a radio alarm

and the nearest wired alarm quote was £2.5k and you can do the same with a £350 radio junk from yale, i guess yes we all have it wrong and you mr yale fanatic must have it right.

i some how don't think so

Finished? No one has given any answers to the above questions, so over to the "experts" why a so called monitored alarm costing 7 times the amount is so much better. Keeping in mind a monitored system costing much more than that with monitored CCTV still didn't prevent a 100K theft :rolleyes: I'm not a Yale fanatic as you like to call me, slate it all you like it hasn't false alarmed & no one has been broken into again since they were fitted :rolleyes: I've got better things to do than argue with you on here so ta ta :LOL:

i take it you are not blind then?

a blind person could see there is a difference between the £2,5K quoute and your £350 quote.

its not for any of us to justify it, always get another quote, but i get the fealing you are not telling all that is in the 2 options, (yours and theirs)

so untill you do, have a nice day

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back