Any idea about Firefox and BBC iPlayer?

Gulp! I'm starting to have doubts about whether to both lads! It seems a bit of a hassle!

Sponsored Links
As a quick test try to turn off both firewalls, Windows firewall and McAfee. It wasn't clear if that is what you performed before. You mentioned turning off Windows firewall.

As a quick test try to turn off both firewalls, Windows firewall and McAfee. It wasn't clear if that is what you performed before. You mentioned turning off Windows firewall.
Sorry bim5, I thought I'd mentioned earlier, Windows Firewall is off anyway and I tried turning off FF Firewall. It had no effect.

Come on my old cocker, you are letting us down here. Grasp the nettle and do it, you know you can !!

Just had a Toshiba notebook go down, searched the web re: the error.

F'k me gently, wiv the blunt end of rag man's bugle !! of all the web sites etc.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68967&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Identical error - but in my case XP pro - same answer tho' - replace winlogon.exe !!

Fair play - virtual several Pints for Softus !

:D

Sponsored Links
Come on my old cocker, you are letting us down here. Grasp the nettle and do it, you know you can !!
Bit the bullet!

IT WORKS! :D So looks like it was a dodgy FF install. Just a pain now re-entering all my passwords for various sites! Ah well.

On a slightly side issue, can anyone tell me how or what the add-on button is to display your favourites (bookmarks), down the left hand side of the screen? I had a button on all previous FFs (I'm pretty sure I had to add it. I think it was a few years ago), but I can't for the life of me remember what the button/add-on was called! (I'm assuming it was an add-on). I've downloaded 'Bookmarks Toolbar Button' but that just disappears along with the Bookmarks Toolbar when I click on it.

It's the 'Bookmarks MENU' that I want to display (ie ALL of my favourites/bookmarks).

Thank you to you all once again for all of your help.

If the menu bar isn't visible (File, view etc)
1. Press Alt on the keyboard and release. The menu bar will appear temporarily.
2. On the menu bar, click View, go to Toolbars, then select which toolbars you want to see.
---------------------------------------
eg. For the sidebarred bookmarks...

'View' : 'Sidebar' : 'Bookmarks'
---------------------------------------

If the following procedure is carried out hopefully on a regular basis, then reinstalling FF will become a doddle with next to no loss of all that info we like to store... Mind you, the info may still be there !
[url=http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Backing+up+your+information?s=backup+passwords+etc&as=s](Click here) FF Help [/url] said:
...Mozilla Firefox stores all your personal settings, such as bookmarks, passwords and extensions, in a profile folder on your computer, in a location separate from the Firefox program. This article explains how to back up your profile, restore it, or move your profile to a new location or computer...

-0-

Sponsored Links
Back