Moving mains supply pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've currently got a water meter attached to the mains pipe in out house.
Unfortunately its attached to an internal wall that I want to knock out as part of redesigning my kitchen. To have it moved outside will cost me around £400 and to move it internally will cost £140.
The only drawback is that the meter has to be fitted no more than 50cm away from the main stopcock that is attached to the main pipe (or so severn trent tell me)
The best way I can see round this is to move the stopcock on the main pipe about 3 ft to the right which would then mean I can have the meter fitted under a kitchen cupboard so its out of sight.
Any ideas how much hassle this would be to do myself?

MOD

see item 9

Sponsored Links
Sorry about the cost question :oops:

It will be 3ft longer and there is a boundary stop tap

turn off the stop tap cut the pipe before the internal tap , fit straight connectors and a lengh of pipe

have you asked the water supplier if you can move the meter :?: :eek:

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
turn off the stop tap cut the pipe before the internal tap , fit straight connectors and a lengh of pipe

have you asked the water supplier if you can move the meter :?: :eek:

thats the problem, they will move the meter (not allowed to do it myself - some sort of law against it or something) but first of all I have to move the stopcock. The water meter is attached just after it though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back