Any musical electricians out there

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all last night I removed some fuses from the fuse box to wallpaper behind some sockets.

since I have replaced the fuses the wah wah pedal to my electric guitar whines a single tone until I turn it off.

It's an old fuse box, has only 4 fuses - two with red dots on and two with white dots on - one of the red dotted fuses is for the sockets of the living area of the house whilst the other is for the kitchen sockets.

I removed both fuses but didn't put them back in their original housings, when the wah wah whined I changed the fuses back over which stopped the pedal whining, until now. But I've just sat down to pplay he gutar again and the same whining is happening.

This is really really really frustrating and also worrying because of any potential danger. Any advice out there for me please?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Swaping the fuses around if they are the same rating will have no effect at all. You pedal could be at fault??

If you are concerned for safety or that the installation could be dangerous then it would ge a good idea to have a periodic inspection report carried out on the installation, this will highlight any immediate dangers such as no bonding, lack of RCD protection and give an indication of the state of your wiring.

Are you sure you didn't drop any wall paper paste into the pedals electrics ?

For anything that is plugged into a socket then pulling the fuse has the same effect as switching off at the socket. It is very un-likely that pulling the fuse will have caused damage to the equipment.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back