any of you go to gigs?

Elewctric eel shock, aren't they Japanese and a bit bonkers? Think I saw them once. Mudhoney! Great!
Don't go to as many gigs as I used to, time/money won't allow. Going to see Helmet in December.
Seeing the reformed Black Sabbath at the Astoria a few years ago was awesome, but deafening!

Sponsored Links
I was once a groupie at a girls aloud gig.

Exhausting, i can tell you!

I've seen Bowie, G & R, Luther VD, Maze.....oh..and..er Gary Glitter and Bon Jovi too. :oops:

Back in the 60's my mates and I use to go to the Reading Olympia, a dance hall. On 2 occasions we danced to sound of the Animals and the Rolling Stones. After the Stones event three of us got involved in a bad motor cycle 3 wheeler crash. We got bashed about a bit after hitting a tree but the bike was demolished. Happy days though :D

Sponsored Links
.....oh..and..er Gary Glitter and Bon Jovi too. :oops:

Ditto. Saw Gary Glitter at the Bristol Student Union building in early 90s when he was trying to rebuild his career. Then a couple of years later at The NEC.

Then he took his pc to PC World, and the rest is history. Like he is really I suppose.

Shame. His gang shows were a bit of fun. LEADER! :oops: :oops:

Wishbone Ash at the Rescue Rooms Nottingham.

Which one? Powell or Turner?
Andy Powell's of course. I have seen both but have supported AP over the years although, Martin Turner has the very distinctive voice of WA.
Respect to both then. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Just a further bit of info. At my local a few months ago we had Ray Hatfield entertaining for the evening. He plays in Martin Turners Wishbone Ash. ;) ;) ;)

Turners voice is hopeless these days. :cry:

Saw them at the Oval one day gig back in 74.

Elewctric eel shock, aren't they Japanese and a bit bonkers? Think I saw them once. Mudhoney! Great!
Don't go to as many gigs as I used to, time/money won't allow. Going to see Helmet in December.
Seeing the reformed Black Sabbath at the Astoria a few years ago was awesome, but deafening!

ewectwic eel shock are indeed jap and certainly mental. the missing drummer used to play with four sticks and naked apart from a very long sock on his cock.

possibly the best band i have ever seen live though. they are so enthusiastic it hurts.

He wouldn't need much of a sock if he's a Jap.

I have been to a few gigs

Depeche Mode in 82
REM many times - never very good :eek:
GnR (only stateside) in 89-90 :eek:
Alice Cooper (stateside)
Hole (1999) :rolleyes:
Blur in 1991
Oasis 1994
Sensor, Pulp, Jonny Cash, St. Etienne, Orbital, M People - Glasto '94' - saw more, but was not on planet earth to remember. Mates have filled me in but the list would go on forever.
Tricky - 1996
Prodigy - 1995 (all nighter at Brixton academy) and UEA 1996.
Libertines in a pub in Chatham (the best gig Ive ever seen).
Supergrass, Athelete and Skunk Anansie in 2001 some place in London
Paul Young in my local about 4 years ago, and Jama***qui :oops: in a garden 18 months ago.
Oh, and Toploader at Woughton Pits about a month ago.

I still go very infrequently. Not to mainstream stuff though.

Mr. W.

Toploader? Still going? Shame. (I hate that ferkin song :mad: )

Sponsored Links
Back