First gig

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What was your first gig you ever went to and when? Mine was The Stranglers, approximately 1993.

Sponsored Links
You got me thinking now, think it was Van Halen also in 1993 if I remember right. Some long haired oik kept whipping me on the back with his long girly hair when he was head banging. :rolleyes:

mine was Rod Stewart and the faces in leeds, Ron wood was wearing a blue suit covered with white clouds which looked great but don't remember the year, it was long long ago. ;)

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
You got me thinking now, think it was Van Halen also in 1993 if I remember right. Some long haired oik kept whipping me on the back with his long girly hair when he was head banging. :rolleyes:

Was it at Sheffield Arena ? I was at that one :)

My first would have been the Pink Fairies, at Deptford Crypt. First 'Name' band was The Fields Of The Nephilim at Brixton Academy

Slade Cardiff around 1973

Backing band was The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - anyone remember "Next" ??

You thought I was going to say 'the human league' at Southampton Gaumont theatre. ( @ '82. ?)
As if !!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

can't remember wether it was david bowie or gary glitter. :eek:

deja vous all over again :rolleyes:

monkeyboy92 said:
gcol said:

Was it at Sheffield Arena ? I was at that one :)
No I think it was at the NEC. A lot of booze has flowed under the bridge since then.

My first was the shirehorses at the university of central Lancashire students union :oops: :LOL: :LOL:

Best gig I've ever been to was Take That last Feb. Superb live show! :oops: :oops:

Reading festival in 1977. ****ed people waving flags and lying in pools of barf. Stoned people communing with god. Hari Krishna food tent, free food in exchange for a spiritual lecture. Also the first curry I ever had come to think of it. The Rizla man, the drug squad dressed as hippies with very very short hair, paranoia, freezing bloody cold all night, more paranoia. Long journey home. I remember a load of Welsh people seemed very interested in waving Welsh flags for no obvious reason and then they fell over and were sick on them. They obviously smoked/drank/took something which didn't do what it said on the box.

Strange.

There may have been music as well. Robin Trower came on at Sunset (who remembers him).

Sponsored Links
Back