Any one on here called Dave?

Sponsored Links
Not as dead as he seemed, ran rings around his employer at the tribunal by the look of things.

Blup

Blimey I have been called some names on sites in my day

wonder if I could get compensation :idea: for hurt / distress
And discrimination :idea:

Blimey I have been called some names on sites in my day

wonder if I could get compensation :idea: for hurt / distress

Same here. We were given nicknames, but we dished it out to each other as well. We had 'Wagon Wayne' who was famous for falling out with a supervisor and in revenge took his Wagon Wheels out of his lunch box and wiped them around the urinals before replacing them in his lunchbox. He took great delight in watching the supervisor eat them at lunchtime. :eek: Then there was a bloke with famously dodgy bowels and his surname was Marx. His nickname was 'Skid'. Then a bloke called Stan who was near retirement and seemed to move in slow motion except when heading for the clocking out machine at the end of day. He was nicknamed 'Stan Still'.

We wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes with the delicate snowflakes in these litigious times. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
We had a Frank the plank and a Sid the Yyd.

When I was doing my apprenticeship, a mechanic who had a row with the foreman and walked out, dropped a turd in the swarfega tin. He wasn't liked by many anyway. Someone found it when they were washing their hands that night. Dirty ****.

We had Two Heads, he was so ugly he must have had a spare head to wear at home, the Bionic man, wore a wig, had false teeth, glasses & hearing aids

Place I worked when I left school

there was a bloke called
Grovel because that what he did most of the time

Trunky cos he had a big nose

people need to toughen up imo

nation of snow flakes upset and offended by any thing and every thing

Some dopey mother on the radio this morning going on about her son who wants to join the plod

worried about some culture in the met

blimey her son as a police officer will be threatened spat on see violence child abuse cruelty etc etc

and she is worried about language used in the force

Jeez us wept :ROFLMAO:

We had a guy called Dave but we called him Volkswagen Charlie, because he came to us from VW dealer and that was all he ever spoke about: Now if that was a VW you only have to do blah blah blah. He got his steel toecap boots welded to a bench one day.
Another guy was called Danger because when he was around something always went bang.
There was a guy called The Rimmer, apparently it’s something to do with sex.
And to top it all off, there was a guy who was known as The Nword (yes, the real nword) because he was always dirty. I must have been the only person who used his real name.

Worked with a bloke who only had two fingers on his right hand, he was known as Kitkat, and a bloke who had a conviction for necrophilia, he was called Dig em up Dave.

I've had a few nicknames throughout my life, (who hasn't?), amongst them Clarence, (the cross eyed lion from Daktari- look it up youngsters), because I had a bad turn in my eye. Twitty or Russ because of my surname. Speedy Gonzales, (because I had to take steroids when my CKD was diagnosed) and Scouse or Scouser when ever I worked away from Liverpool. Took them all with a pinch of salt because everyone else had a nickname, some of them far worse.

No Dave, sorry...

At one site was known as 'Tannoy' - cause the role I was doing was rather desk bound, next to the site managers desk, hadn't been told I or anyone who wasn't the site manager, wasn't supposed to answer the desk 'phone. Of course it when it rang I would immediately answer the 'phone because it was a distraction, 90% it was the site managers wife - she would call 4 or 5 times a day but with a coded ring, so to call SM to the 'phone I'd use the Tannoy system to get him to the 'phone.

Sponsored Links
Back