Any one register with NICEIC???(part P) help me

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m planning to register with NICEIC. Please some one tell me, when Assessment Visit what do I need to demonstrate. What do I need to learn prior to that? How long it takes? Do I need to do any course on inspection & testing or etc. please help me. God bless.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
This is how my first year assessment went with NIC as I remember.

I was asked to show safe isolation of the cu on both jobs.
Then was asked to name & explain what the supply system of the first job was (TT)& show the earth rod & correct labling.
Had to show equipotential bonding to gas / water on both jobs.
First job new ringmain, Take Ze then pscc, had to undertake continuity of conductors(r1 r2 rn), show R1 + R2 value was asked why the R2 has a higher resistance than R1 on 2.5 T/E & by what margin, explain how / why & at what voltage insulation resistance test is done. Complete testing of RCD asked why sockets are tested at x5In. He also asked about the set up of the cu why rcd's were used on a TT system (100mA 100A s type + 30mA 80A rcd's). All results were checked against the EIC I had issued. He also asked me to show him the max Zs of a 32A type c 60898 in osg & asked why the same mcb had a diferent max Zs in the table in BS7671.

Second job radial for a boiler(2.5 t/e on 16A 60898). Ze & pscc , Zs. Explain how circuit was installed (method number cable type etc). Asked what rated mcb I could use max with 2.5t/e & what the max might be if 4mm t/e was used. Wanted to know why the circuit wasnt on the rcd side, so told him it didnt need to be as it couldn't be used to supply equipment outside & only supplied the boiler via fcu.

So long as your upto speed with testing, disconnection times of rcd's & how to find things in regs/osg you will be ok, as for me year 2 assessment is next month.

Hope thats of some help.

thank you so much for advice, its realy help a lot. wish you good luck for your assessment too.

No problem glad to be of some help, I remember how worried I got first time round.
I'm now thinking of going for full NICEIC approval & not just DI.

Let us know how you get on.

Chami

I went with NAPIT full scope my assessmnet was a full rewire and CU upgrade

Assessment was similar to Comms isolation, interpretation of results of various tests etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back