best Part P tester

Only one said she had no bonding, But i know that she has,
Yes the LABR sent three different people round and she still not been given her cert,

If it had been a paying customer it would have looked so bad on me.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
:confused: cerainly as a member of the LABR was there on one of the visits,

Goldie. I would fail you straight off, before we even got to a job. I'm dead serious.

It is (and has been since long before your great-grandfather was born) a requirement of The Wiring Regulations that all works are inspected, tested and certified. If you haven't done this you haven't complied with the basic standard against which you will be judged. Having a third party issue a certificate hardly inspires confidence and, in any case, I doubt very much that your LABC is issuing BS 7671 Electrical Installation Certificates; Building Regulations Compliance Certificates, maybe, but they are not what you will be judged on.

The fact that you don't know this raises a huge question about your competence, as enshrined in Regulation 16 of the EAWR 1989.

Self-certification is a different thing altogether. Persons registered with a competent persons scheme are allowed to self-certify in retrospect that their work complies with the Building Regulations.

Sorry to pish on your chips, but your lack of understanding would be enough, for my part to fail you outright. If you do not have at least the EICs for the inspection then against what is your assessor going to compare your results during the assessment? You ain't ready mate... far from it.

Dingbat, I am fully competant, myself and my fellow classmates were misinformed about this aspect.

I'm running my own very successful business and received nothing but praise for my standard of work.

Your conclusion is based on one tiny aspect and I do believe it's tiny.

If I had said I don't test and inspect my own work or that I don't know how to, then I'd understand your conclusion, however I was just under the impression that I wasn't allowed to issue the certificate until I was with the NICEIC.

I have already arranged to go back to the properties to re test, inspect and issue the certificates.

Going from your first post, I don't think Dingbat has jumped to a conclusion because of a tiny aspect of the job. You have staed you've just bought some test kit which you don't know how to use and don't issue certificates. If the inspector turns up you'll fail instantly if you don't have certificates.

goldie as i remember you havent had the test equipment for long. I understand what you have been doing getting major works notified and tested by others, but to say you are running a successful biz is a joke mate you havent been testing your work it looks good and people are happy but you havent been testing the circuit you are amending . Its like a mechanic just kicking the tyre on a mot.

I am fully competant

I'm sorry Goldie you are not fully competent if you didn't understand about certification of electrical work in compliance with BS7671.

Your conclusion is based on one tiny aspect and I do believe it's tiny.

It may be tiny in your opinion but the issuing of certification for electrical work is the most important aspect

I'm running my own very successful business and received nothing but praise for my standard of work.

From your customers? who know diddly squat about BS7671

I hope you are not trading as a electrician!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back