Any reason why resin has been used instead of blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My elderly mother has had a strip drain fitted at the top of her drive to catch overspill from the road and prevent it running down the drive.

The drain man has used tinted resin instead of blocks adjacent to the drain as can be seen in the photo below.

IMG_4269_Original.jpeg

Any reason why they couldn’t have just put a run of blocks parallel to the drain as you can see slightly to the right of the drain? Plenty removed from where the drain now is but unfortunately the resin stands out like a sore thumb.

Sponsored Links
Lazy?

Looks like (poorly) coloured mortar to me.
To be honest, I just assumed it was resin. Might well be mortar but still looks crap. I’m going to speak with them tomorrow and wondered if there was a valid reason why they couldn’t have a row of blocks in next to the drain, other than laziness….

Because of all the cuts.

Why is it red though?

Anyway, your mother should insist that blocks to match the existing are used instead, as that mix won't be as strong or last as long as blocks.

Sponsored Links
Spoke to the drain man today. He went back and had a look, agreed the colour match was dreadful and has agreed to replace the red tinted mortar with a parallel row of blocks that got removed when he fitted the drain, so hopefully all good. When i told him what i wasn't happy about his response was 'i did it that way to avoid loads of cuts'......, so yes it was laziness. But he agreed to put it right without any fuss, so that was good.

Thanks to both of you for your comments.

Surely if he mad the saw cut first before any digging, he would have all the cuts ready to put back in after the excvation and drain install. hey ho hope it gets fixed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back