ANY RM SAILORS here :)

M

Moz

I would love to talk too any sailors here ... sorry the tag line

canal boats , offshore an sailing boats ... any one please thread here

tell all here THANKS .. :)

Sponsored Links
I have lots of friends in the Navy. Does that count?

Sponsored Links
I used to be a naval cadet. Even did a week's air acquaintance course on HMS Daedalus (which isn't really a ship at all). Don't suppose that counts, does it ??

My Dad used to have a trawler when I was young. It was moored at Bradwell, and we used to 'drive' out to the baffle where they pumped out the cooling water from the atomic power station and have a swim in it, 'cos it was nice and warm. Probably explains a lot...... :D :D

I used to row, also would muck about with motorboats on the Thames... now I do the odd bit of punting on the Cam (even at this time of the year!)

AdamW said:
I used to row, also would muck about with motorboats on the Thames... now I do the odd bit of punting on the Cam (even at this time of the year!)

Ahhh Adam that reminds me

I rode up a river in a rough cut punt, not a punt cut rough, but a rough cut punt.

Now Moz i will take bets on you NOT being able to say that fast or slow. :LOL:

I've got a 10 yard swimming badge, but only with water-wings and a polystyrene float. And I've also got a mini-sub that i play with in the bath. But thats probably a different story. :oops: Oh, joking aside, I did do my apprenticeship at Portsmouth Naval Base (home of the royal navy) if that helps.

Freddie said:
AdamW said:

Ahhh Adam that reminds me

I rode up a river in a rough cut punt, not a punt cut rough, but a rough cut punt.

Now Moz i will take bets on you NOT being able to say that fast or slow. :LOL:

Not a funny cut c###y but a c###y cut funny ..? :D :D

AdamW said:

Then don't punt in Oxford, you'll be knocked into the drink for punting from the wrong end :LOL:

i had a wharram 30 ft catamaran (TANUIE) that was the last boat i owned the previous ones where motor boats ( plodders ) for fishing and snorkelling

i have to admit the sailing is so nice very peacefull once underway nothing can touch it the hardest part was turning the motor back on to get into the harbour all that noise

longest trip i did was when i deliverd it to the person that bought it off me sad day 100 miles ( not nautical ) from the tyne / out to sea on a northeast tack /changing to souteast etc till i got to hartlepool which is only 40 miles :D took the long way :D

masona said:
Moz, you're really missing JulieL aren't you? :LOL:

Of course He is Masona (to quote him he thinks I'm a 'mouthy cow' - he loves it!!!!);) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Re canal boating........nothing quite like it - chugging along at 2-4 MPH along the canal on a lovely summers day taking in all of the nature and scenery with a nice glass of beer (or Pernod and coke!!).......mooring up for your lunch outside a country pub miles from anywhere.........absolute bliss!!!!! ;) :D :D :D

Saying that our new boat is still under construction (inside) we are confident it'll be ready for the spring..........can't wait!!

Its just I have an friend in warmer climes who has a sailing boat , an I believe its got Lister an petter diesel 5 onboard motors ,sailing 49yard sailing boat,4 D/S cabins .. (D/S whatever they are ..?)

Im an arsehole drunk ... :) this above was an old girl friend present /not wanted ..

I been saving up my money,
and put it in the kitty,
gonna buy a boat,
and call her Dignity.

Deacon Blue was a bloomin good band of the 80's. ( Look no F***ing swearing you C**ts.)

I spent 5 years working in Harbours, Mariners and Dock yeards in the US and Canada for five years, and this included stinks on Oil Rigs and Ships (Biggest was a 120,000T Jap Frieghter).

I also used to go sea fishing a lot on my employers 107ft Ocean Going Trawler (Converted). Loved it when Bill decided on a real trip...that usually meant a punt across the Pcific to the North of the Hawaiin chain and around the Southern edge of the Empress sea mounts..

The Fishing was great..but the beer was chilled :)

Sponsored Links
Back