Replacing a bottled gas cooker on a narrowboat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi... I am moderately competent at any DIY and currently refitting my narrow boat with a new (bottled) gas cooker. The old one had a piezo igniter and worked fine. The info from the installation manual for new one and problems is given here below as the message I sent to Hotpoint (and their parts department) THREE times with no helpful reply
Advice from anyone?? Tony
=======================================================
Brand: Hotpoint
Model number: HAGL51K
Product category: Bottled gas cooker
Message: Hi. It is a few months since I downloaded the User Manual for the Hotpoint HAGL51K cooker. The sales info for this model describes it as "very suitable for a caravan or boat or where there is no regular electrical supply". I have a boat! In the manual it mentions an "The battery holder is located in the plinth panel below the oven door. Open the oven door fully. Press the tag on the left hand side of the battery holder/cover and withdraw it just enough to get access to the battery" I have spent many exciting hours looking for this with no success. Definitely NO battery hold and NO 'tag on left-hand side'!! The cooker comes with a 240v cable but no suggestion what it serves or how it would work on a boat with 12v supply.
Any suggestions? PS: There is no indication of a piezzo or other igniter or oven light in the whole manual!!.

Sponsored Links
It's 240v only as far as I can see and should be installed by a Gas Safe Registered installer with the correct qualification for cookers/LPG/boats.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back