ANY RM SAILORS here :)

Eddie M said:
Then don't punt in Oxford, you'll be knocked into the drink for punting from the wrong end :LOL:

Sorry, I missed that post! But well-observed, few people know the difference between the two styles. Even a chap I know who went to Oxford then Cambridge doesn't know! :LOL:

I actually had to do Oxford-style the other week. We ended up lodged in a tributary and with no room to turn around I had to step up to the pole and do some front-wheel-drive punting to get us back on the Cam :LOL:

I've not figured out why Oxford punts from the front. a) you can't speak to your passengers, b) if you have just one passenger they'll get bored c) everything is better when propelled from the back. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hello all here .. sorry the mix up before ..lol

I posted this once but Im using uk proxies ,hmm which are unreliable ,lol

I just want too say thankyou all who posted , I am not in need of info now of sailing .....ThANKS ANY WAY .. ;)

as my "Reggie Perrin " phase has passed , It was due to an old G/F who left Manc to work on the Cruise ships many years ago ,
she married an old rich yank , who left her well off ....
she wanted me to leave my wife /everything an the sweetner was , her , a beach front 2mill villa near St. Maarten +dock an boat ,I could spend my days ,going out too fish an hiring too rich cruise ship yanks for same ..

this week I contacted her that it would never work it was 20 yrs since we last were together ...
an I told her my wife means more to me than the world an riches ..
I said Maria an I would go visit her some time , but mainly she MUST get on with her life ... That would make me so happy that she found a wonderful Loving partner ...
btw I did inform her an she knows I liked the bevy
Im an old drunk grouch now,teehee....

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I recieved a very upbeat email from her , she has been flirting with a guy who is the Chair(PC propaganda even as far as carribean ,lol) of the local Govt ,nice guy ex the Home counties...who is smitten with her too ...
best of luck to her ... ;)

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

AdamW said:
Eddie M said:
Then don't punt in Oxford, you'll be knocked into the drink for punting from the wrong end :LOL:

Sorry, I missed that post! But well-observed, few people know the difference between the two styles. Even a chap I know who went to Oxford then Cambridge doesn't know! :LOL:

I actually had to do Oxford-style the other week. We ended up lodged in a tributary and with no room to turn around I had to step up to the pole and do some front-wheel-drive punting to get us back on the Cam :LOL:

I've not figured out why Oxford punts from the front. a) you can't speak to your passengers, b) if you have just one passenger they'll get bored c) everything is better when propelled from the back. :confused:

You don't, you still punt from the back, but with the punt the opposite way around to the method employed by the light blues. Pity parson's pleasure no longer exists, always good for a laugh. One other tip, if the pole gets stuck in the mud, do NOT hang on to it. I must admit I consider myself a bit of a dab hand at the old punting lark, comes from having a father who was an oxford uni lecturer.

Sponsored Links
Back