Any solar experts or folks that have solar installed on here?

Sponsored Links
It is early days for this new technology, I wouldn't bother until (if) it becomes more widespread and proven.

Also, what happens if your roof needs repairing?

Sponsored Links
why when do you think condensing boilers first came out ?
1970s/1980s. Am I wrong?

Solar power has been a thing for a long time. The cost has historically been very high but it has dropped thanks to mass production and more efficient designs.

1970s/1980s. Am I wrong?

Solar power has been a thing for a long time. The cost has historically been very high but it has dropped thanks to mass production and more efficient designs.
yep first domestic condenser was in early 70s but was not succesfull as it rotted they then became a bit more common in the mid 80`s with the ideal turbo

yep first domestic condenser was in early 70s but was not succesfull as it rotted they then became a bit more common in the mid 80`s with the ideal turbo
The first solar panels were around 1880, but the first of the modern designs were around 1950.

There's a long history for the panels but they're only just hitting their stride now in terms of volume production and use.

Fit them yourself.
I have just installed a 3.6kW inverter, 2.4kWh battery and 5.7kW of solar panels for £6100.
Only thing you wont get is any money for export. (octopus pay 15p/kWh).... So you need to use as much as you can (heat water etc)

As others have said winter is naff for panels. Use https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/tools.html to see how much you could make...

you not thinking combi`s ?

No I thought the Dutch gas board were trialing and or r & d ing condensing
Boilers in the 70 s ???

Afaik or recall ELM Leblanc (?) cane out with the first steamer combi in the UK ???

No I thought the Dutch gas board were trialing and or r & d ing condensing
Boilers in the 70 s ???

Afaik or recall ELM Leblanc (?) cane out with the frost steamer combi in the UK ???
im on about your 1947 comment

im on about your 1947 comment

Oh afaik the tech was known about in 1947 ?? ( boiler condensing)

Came across said statement when I was researching some thing years ago

About it really

Some painter and decorated afaik

Came up with the instantaneous water heater in 1860 / 70 ish ??

Geyser

Afaik they blew up on a fairly reg basis ??

Fit them yourself.
I have just installed a 3.6kW inverter, 2.4kWh battery and 5.7kW of solar panels for £6100.
Only thing you wont get is any money for export. (octopus pay 15p/kWh).... So you need to use as much as you can (heat water etc)

As others have said winter is naff for panels. Use https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/tools.html to see how much you could make...
Thanks.

I have no idea how to use the website in that link :LOL:

Where did you buy your kit from? I’m quite happy to self install and get a spark to connect it up.

Sponsored Links
Back