Any tips for wet imprinted drive after rain?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The installer said when it rains the water will run off as it’s sloping. And it IS sloping, the bulk of water runs off. BUT as it’s relatively flat, and the imprinted concrete and/or sealer has bumps and it’s not smooth, so friction (non slip) you do get LOADS of the small puddles on this drive as seen in image.

I assuming there’a nothing I can do. It’s not like it’s a low spot with a large puddle I could drill a few holes. It didn’t occur to me this would happen.

Just curious if anyone has any tips.

My current plan is to sweep it off with a wide brush once rain period is over. It takes over a day to clear up so sweeping it will probably speed it up.

And winter I’m going to have to salt it otherwise it’s just ice.

I’m telling myself if I went with block paving I’d just need to refill with sand and kill weeds, so instead of that I have water! They all have their advantages/disadvantages. I do love the look of it I guess it’s just better suited for sloping drives but installer wouldn’t say that.

Attachments

• 864232DB-D555-461F-8FCF-CBD7112E8B57.jpeg
    864232DB-D555-461F-8FCF-CBD7112E8B57.jpeg
    490 KB · Views: 146
Sponsored Links
FFS it's outdoors, it's the UK and it's textured. If you want ALL the water to run off I suggest you ask them to lay it a 45 degree pitch - otherwise it IS going to get wet. I guess you are going to know what to use to polish your shiny drive with next, lol.

Can’t see any real puddles on the pic to be fair, just water beading in small patches. Probably doesn’t help that you’ve got a fairly smooth texture rather than the more heavily cobbled styles which may give slightly more in the way of grip

You might find that the reason for the water cohesion on the surface is the chemical in the resin creating an ultra smooth surface coating - like a polished car.

Give it a few months for it to weather and get a bit rougher and the water will still be there but wont form those blobs - like an unpolished car.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back