1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Any tips for wet imprinted drive after rain?

Discussion in 'Building' started by lozcozard, 18 Oct 2021.

1. lozcozard

lozcozard

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The installer said when it rains the water will run off as it’s sloping. And it IS sloping, the bulk of water runs off. BUT as it’s relatively flat, and the imprinted concrete and/or sealer has bumps and it’s not smooth, so friction (non slip) you do get LOADS of the small puddles on this drive as seen in image.

I assuming there’a nothing I can do. It’s not like it’s a low spot with a large puddle I could drill a few holes. It didn’t occur to me this would happen.

Just curious if anyone has any tips.

My current plan is to sweep it off with a wide brush once rain period is over. It takes over a day to clear up so sweeping it will probably speed it up.

And winter I’m going to have to salt it otherwise it’s just ice.

I’m telling myself if I went with block paving I’d just need to refill with sand and kill weeds, so instead of that I have water! They all have their advantages/disadvantages. I do love the look of it I guess it’s just better suited for sloping drives but installer wouldn’t say that.

Attached Files:

2. noseall

noseall

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    FFS it's outdoors, it's the UK and it's textured. If you want ALL the water to run off I suggest you ask them to lay it a 45 degree pitch - otherwise it IS going to get wet. I guess you are going to know what to use to polish your shiny drive with next, lol.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. 23vc

23vc

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Can’t see any real puddles on the pic to be fair, just water beading in small patches. Probably doesn’t help that you’ve got a fairly smooth texture rather than the more heavily cobbled styles which may give slightly more in the way of grip

5. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You might find that the reason for the water cohesion on the surface is the chemical in the resin creating an ultra smooth surface coating - like a polished car.

Give it a few months for it to weather and get a bit rougher and the water will still be there but wont form those blobs - like an unpolished car.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Sponsored Links
  7. RayCaister

RayCaister

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom