Any Varilight copies kicking around?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i like he look of Varilight infrared dimmers, but wow are they expensive.. Knocking on for 50 quid a master switch and 40 a slave, I think.. Ends up looking like the bill just for light switches will be about a thousand quid. Luton rania were even more insane.

No doubt they're the dogs, but does anyone know of similar rivals that are maybe around half the price? I'm looking for anything up to 3 gang masters and 2 or 3 gang slaves (control ceiling, wall and floor level lighting in various rooms)

Sponsored Links
JSJS Designs. ( aka Lightwave ) may have something to suit. Not low cost but built to a good standard

Sponsored Links
Hi Bernard, Just checking that I correctly understand the LightwaveRF stuff (as it may perfectly solve a problem I have)

Long time ago someone came up with Ethernet over the power cables in the house and there were adapters that you plugged into a wall socket and connected an Ethernet to..

Perhaps LightwaveRF have taken this to the next step of: you have all your light switches and sockets be LightwaveRF ones, you plug the LightwaveRF wifi adapter in and it creates a network out of the switches and sockets (assuming they all have some kind of network thing built in) essentially bringing them all up in an app/configuration web page so you can assign names to them and control em on and off remotely?

If so, sounds neat. I was thinking during my new build to run cat5 to every socket and switch box in case of future tech allowing this kind of control but if it's already here then great!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back