Anyboby know how to deal with tennis elbow?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Grasping at straws really but does anyone know how to deal with it.

I have had it for about 10 years and the Doc. now says it's a waste of time giving me any more injections.

He reckons it's the result of too much screwing ( god if only that was true)

His suggestion was that I retire, which I'm financialy nowhere near in a position to do.

Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
I swear by Cod Liver Oil. I believe it's the Vitimine A content that does the trick. I used to suffer (for about 10 years 1979 - 1989ish) with agonising arthritus in my left knee. Finally started taking Cod Liver Oil, and actually got a taste for it. Over the course of about 6 weeks, the symptoms completely dissapeared. By this time I was swallowing about 200mls per day.

When I mentioned to the doc how much I was taking, he jumped on me like a ton of bricks (that sort of dosage is apparently dangerous). I came off it imediately, but the arthritus has never returned!

I would suggest to anyone with arthritus, take plenty of Cod Liver Oil, but do check with your GP. He'll confirm it's beneficial properties, and also be able to recommend a more reasonable dosage.

I don't know of anyone else that has been cured of arthritus, so I just thank my lucky stars.

my dad take cod liver oil and cider viniger every morning

and he swears by it seems to help him

in recent years it seems to be less effective

but he is now 74 so wear and tare taking effect now

big all

Have you heard of Bowen treatment which only need 2/3 treatment, no bone crushing just rolling muscle around. See this

My wife has a frozen shoulder for 2 years and they treated her in 2 weeks !!! Have a look at the "Success Stories" regarding about tennis elbow.

Sponsored Links
10 years with pain from tennis elbow seems a long time to me. What treatments have you tried and who have you seen already?

Usually treatment consists of simple anti inflammatory pain killers but the key is not returning to work in the honeymoon period after the drugs take effect. If your GP is resorting to regular steroid injections then I think you need a more expert opinion.

Can I recommend you see a physiotherapist or if you've seen one already then perhaps an orthopaedic surgeon. (there are several surgical tendon releases that appear to be effective).

I can't comment on the Cod Liver Oil or Bowen treatment described above.

Thanks everyone, I did not expect such a good response.

I have taken cod liver oil for years, only the one a day capsules.

Masona, that looks interesting I might give it a go.

Warran, I have had 4 corticosteriod injections and ultrasound, the last time a year ago.

This is by far the worse it has been, the Doc says rest it and signed me off for 3 weeks.

sounds good fitter. it's usually an overuse injury so rest with some anti-inflammatories is a good idea.

not much evidence around for other treatments except that of above but it's worth getting some physiotherapy advice to see if there are any exercises that you can do to reduce the likelihood of recurrence. It's a good idea to see them in the acute period as they are likely to have maximal benefit at that time.

hope it gets better.

If you believe in natural treatments, see here:http://www.caringmedical.com/symptoms/condition.asp?condition_id=1136

I recon 1 of those tablets a day is not enough to do the trick. As I say, do check with your local quack. Vitamine A does definately have an effect on bone development. But in large doses, can be dodgy. All livers contains Vitamine A, (Oily fish, Pigs liver, Ox liver, etc..), try with a little Chianti. slurp slurp slurp. :evil:

Useless fact: Did you know that Polar Bear Liver is poisonous. Reason being, it is loaded with Vitamine A in such huge quantities that it can kill you!

A good side effect of cod liver oil is that it contains omega oils. These aid concentration, especially in school children.

When I found this out I went out and bought a pot of those one-a-day capsules. After a month my attention span increased from practically zero to a point where I could sit in pointless meetings for hours at a stretch.

I stopped taking them, and I am back to fidgeting and getting bored quickly... must buy some more!

Once again, thanks everyone.

Tex, good tip about polar bear livers, that explains why my butcher looked at me like I was mad when I last asked for one.

Sponsored Links
Back