anybody used icf blocks / insulated concrete forms ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm hoping to start a project next year, detached store room and garage, and have begun looking into using icf blocks.

Does anybody have real world experience of using these? It would be a great help to hear of your experiences with them.

Thanks . . jack

Sponsored Links
Unless you need a tornado proof building then you don't really need it poured from concrete.

I'm pretty hands on, so was looking at these with a view to cutting down on labour costs, thinking I could set these up ready for the concrete myself, rather than the cost of having a bricklayer and mate laying blocks. they come with the insulation on so again less labour to install insulation, the project I have in mind is partially in the ground/retaining wall, and I want it to be pretty soundproof, hence my looking at these concrete filled forms.

I'm still in the research stage, so all advice and experience most welcome.

in that article above the guy isnt impressed is he! thanks for the link :)

Sponsored Links
in that article above the guy isnt impressed is he! thanks for the link :)
Yeah, it's not like there's much doubt about his views !

I came across it as I was curious about how you go about extending downwards (not that I'm likely to ever try it), ie how you go about digging down and building new walls without the whole house falling into the hole. One of the sites that came up while searching was his companion site on building basements/cellars with waterproof concrete. I was most impressed by the ingenuity of his formwork design, and his openness about how it's done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back