Anyone been to the Monaco F1?

Festival of speed at Goodwood is well worth a visit
Most of the F1 teams are there running there cars or be it last years cars

It occurs over a 4 day period

IMHO 1 day is not enough to see it all

2 days is about right ?

Sponsored Links
Dunno about that app, but you can't use iPlayer outside the UK, so check about the sounds app - you may need to use a VPN to spoof your location.
You definitely can use iPlayer radio outside the UK, I’ve used it many, many times. IPlayer tv is definitely not possible unless you use a vpn though.

FOS is far better and best to do over 2 days.
Have you considered the Historic Masters series...F1 from the 70s and 80s (and far more).
Around £25 -£30 for a ticket...access to the pits and plenty of DFVs.
Who needs modern F1...

Not during the F1 but went to Monaco a couple of weeks back to take in the sights. As you'd expect theres an amazing strip of high end car dealerships with some real stunning cars! It's a beautiful place, insanely expensive but that's the main appeal I suppose

Sponsored Links
Santapod is worth a visit too.

yep Santa pod for the top fuel cars , fastest motor sport on earth , they will exelerate quicker than a jet fighter off of an air craft carrier

A few years ago the NHRA brought a load of the early drag cars over from the states and had em at the festival of speed they would start them up twice a day

Santa pod also usually turn up as well

FOS is far better and best to do over 2 days.
Have you considered the Historic Masters series...F1 from the 70s and 80s (and far more).
Around £25 -£30 for a ticket...access to the pits and plenty of DFVs.
Who needs modern F1...
Who needs any of that syte

c'mon different folks, different strokes, I like motorsport, love looking at cars, and hate driving..

that is the more interesting part of it for me wandering around the pit area in particular classic car and bike events

Santapod is worth a visit too.

One of the best days of my life, it was next on the bucket list & had to be ticked. Against my better nature I forked out for grandstand seats & we ended up with this very fat, very sweaty Dutch bloke sat next to us. It turned out he was team owner of one of the top fuel cars (I forget which) but he gave us a running commentary & inside info on what was happening & how much it all costs.

:rolleyes: they have or used to have (?) a two seater drag car which you could pay to sit in the back of and get shunted up the track ?

generally went through the lights at close on 200 mph ? may be more ?

:rolleyes: they have or used to have (?) a two seater drag car which you could pay to sit in the back of and get shunted up the track ?

generally went through the lights at close on 200 mph ? may be more ?

I'm a card carrying member of the 200mph club, a Suzuki Hayabusa at Elvington which is available to those who the owners deem suitable & worthy.

I would dearly have loved to join the 300mph club but I feel that particular window of opportunity has now passed me by. They say that at 300mph, by the time your eyes have focused on anything trackside you've passed it !

Sponsored Links
Back