Anyone been to the Monaco F1?

Sponsored Links
I'm a card carrying member of the 200mph club, a Suzuki Hayabusa at Elvington which is available to those who the owners deem suitable & worthy.

I would dearly have loved to join the 300mph club but I feel that particular window of opportunity has now passed me by. They say that at 300mph, by the time your eyes have focused on anything trackside you've passed it !
I think you would need about 4 x the power of a busa to ever reach the 300 mph barrier. Probably a jet engine because of the sheer air resistance, drag. Someone will try it though, that's if they haven't already..

I've done nearly 50mph on skis. Does that count?

I've done that (plus) on a racing (pedal) bike.
Downhill, of course.
Would probably have died if I'd fallen off but, you are unbreakable when young.
Now, I creak and wince just getting up for a p!ss :mrgreen::eek:

I'm a card carrying member of the 200mph club, a Suzuki Hayabusa at Elvington which is available to those who the owners deem suitable & worthy.

I would dearly have loved to join the 300mph club but I feel that particular window of opportunity has now passed me by. They say that at 300mph, by the time your eyes have focused on anything trackside you've passed it !

Been to
Elvington a couple of time think it was for the George Brown (?) memorial sprint ???

Sponsored Links
Every bump feels mental at that speed. Legs end up as shock absorbers. Cured my latest bout of sciatica (oddlyo_O). Great fun though.
I went on a stag weekend in the Lake District a few years ago, and one of the activities was quad biking.
Now, I know jack about quad or motor bikes, but the instructor said that these particular ones were decent.

After being told off for my Valentino Rossi braking (one finger, rather than a handful: throwback to my bmx days), we all behaved ourselves to the point where, after an hour or so, he said he'd give us a signal, and we could open up the taps.

Ragging across country with my chin on the tank, I felt like it was a million miles an hour.
It was closer to 60 .

About 3 years ish ago a bloke turned at a Goodwood breakfast clum meet with a V10 8 litre powered motor cycle he built all very professionally done and all road legal top end on the straight
????

Scary ?

Engine was a Dodge Viper by the way

would dearly have loved to join the 300mph club but I feel that particular window of opportunity has now passed me by. They say that at 300mph, by the time your eyes have focused on anything trackside you've passed it !
What about the 500mph club,,,and the mile high club for sitting in a 737,

we ended up with this very fat, very sweaty Dutch bloke sat next to us. It turned out he was team owner of one of the top fuel cars (I forget which) but he gave us a running commentary & inside info on what was happening & how much it all costs.
Jeez...each to their own.

I think you would need about 4 x the power of a busa to ever reach the 300 mph barrier. Probably a jet engine because of the sheer air resistance, drag. Someone will try it though, that's if they haven't already..

Physics dictates the rules.

Most of them top fuel drag cars are using pretty basic engines . push rod V8's (?) its the fueling system and ignition system were the tech is

they will burn fuel quicker than you can tip it out of a bucket

G forces are on a par or greater than those expeirenced by fighter pilots

spoke to one team at the european round at santa pod and each run , (factoring in all costs) cost approx 7 grand :eek:

Back to F1 (no, I'm not a fan)....

Reading on the BBC website the other day, there's a new F1 feature called "the secret aerodynamist".
Very interesting.

The main thing I took out of it was how ridiculously quick an F1 car is.
Hamilton's fastest lap of Silverstone (1m:25s) is 35 seconds quicker than the quickest motorbike lap. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back