Anyone fitted a sunpipe in a bathroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I have an 18cm sunpipe fitted into my bathroom ceiling

http://www.sunpipe.co.uk/

it is NOT located over the shower.

My question is the unit can be fitted with a 12V light fitting inside for nightime use.

however I doubt any of it is IP rated.

since the fitting is located inside a sealed fitting is this this an issue when used in a bathroom?

thanks in advance.

Mark.

Sponsored Links
I want one one of those Sunpipes! Did you get Moondraft to fit it or a local roofer (or DIY)? How long did it take to fit? What is the daylight like through it?

Back to the electricals, I'm not an electrician and this is a personal opinion, but I don't think there would be a problem since the diffuser is sealed to the unit.

On the face of it, it's no different to my window above the bathroom door and having no bathroom-specific requirements for the fixed light on the landing.

The transformer and lamp are outside the bathroom, so while installing the light falls under Part P, I wouldn't have thought is notifiable, providing the lamp is in the loft.

James pretty much my take on it as well.

ref the sunpipe, I have a number of the 12" ones around the house and they work really well too brighten up dim areas.

I went with an 18" in the bathroom as there is no other light source at all.

I was expecting great things but was still surprised, I get more light through it than than through the window of the room next door and thats a 4ft by 4ft window.

definately worth doing, howver be aware that the 18" isn't cheap and will likely require cutting a joist in the loft.

I used a local installer who has done them for me before he charges £150 which is significantly cheaper than the official price, though to be honest it's easily a DIY job.

I paid someone as

a) I don't like heights and
b) if it ever leeks I have someone to shout at.

Mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back