Anyone got a Nokia N95?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a Nokia N95? I see from the Sunset topic that Richardp has.

I am in the process of deciding whether to go with it, so what are your impressions of it, do you have any complaints?

Any positives or negatives you've noticed I would like to hear about, Richardp or anyone else who has one.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:) Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi Jeeves
my only complaint is the price LOL, the pictures are great, there is a little tiny bit out of focus just before the far Right, but hell! its a phone camera.
dosnt come with a memory card but when you take off their adverts there is loads of room to make even a fairly long movie.
I'll put a pic on here from my N95.
All the rest of the stuff on it I've yet to master email etc
Its a great Camera phone.
let me know if you want a full size pic.

Sponsored Links
Cheers Richard, much appreciated, the prices is a bit unfortunate!

It seems to have almost everything in it apart from the kitchen sink, gps, wifi , camera.

I've been trying to find out if you can tag photos and use the GPS to 'geotag' the coordinates, it would be quite a novel idea.

Just need to sort out moving & keeping my number, that'll be fun :(

I tried the N95 but had a lot of issues with it (the main one being that it kept turning itself off!)

In the end I cancelled my contract and went for a N73 instead which is a great phone!

Was it switching off because the battery kept dying or a software/hardware fault?

Ive heard it can be quite battery hungry, needing a daily charge

I belive it was a software fault as it'd then turn itself back on, it'd be sat there in the van and I'd hear the Nokia start up tune out of the blue!!

jeeves said:
Was it switching off because the battery kept dying or a software/hardware fault?

Ive heard it can be quite battery hungry, needing a daily charge
your right! the battery is hungry, could do with a charger and spare battery really....well spotted :LOL:

Do you find yourself having to charge daily would you say Richard?

I WOULD recommend the Sony K800i on battery life alone. However, mine has been having a few software faults lately, it doesn't log any calls i make or recieve (so i dont know if i missed a call), and it keeps rebooting itself. :(

It will last a week on one charge, a few txts a day, maybe a minute phone call. As long as bluetooth is turned off though!!! Bluetooth kills batteries. This phone turns off the display totally when not in use, and on a long call. Signal reception is excellent too, I have had issues with O2 reception in my house before, but its excellent with this phone.

I have always stuck with sony ericssons because of the computer connectivity. What are Nokias like in this respect nowadays? Do they come with a link cable? I'm wondering what options O2 will give me if i tell them i want a new phone (ive only had this one a few months)

Crafty said:
I WOULD recommend the Sony K800i on battery life alone. However, mine has been having a few software faults lately.....
I remember warning you about them when you got it. ;)

Ive got a K750i at the mo, but it's been a bit troublesome recently. The push button in the middle it temperamental at best. Also the keypad light has been broken for about the last 6 months, and the light stays on all the time so I'm charging every 2 days at least, Ive also got 'insert sim' message a few time recently, so this has prompted the move. It'll be my first move to Nokia, Ive had SEs to date.

gcol said:
Crafty said:
I WOULD recommend the Sony K800i on battery life alone. However, mine has been having a few software faults lately.....
I remember warning you about them when you got it. ;)
For a different reason, I hasten to add. The direction knob is working beautifully so far.

jeeves said:
Ive got a K750i at the mo, but it's been a bit troublesome recently. The push button in the middle it temperamental at best.
This is the exact same problem I had with the K750i. I think it only affected certain batches though, as my friend had one of a similar age to mine, and hers still worked fine, like new, whereas my direction knob was spongy, and unresponsive. :(

Sponsored Links
Back