Mobile spares, anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I was going to charge my mobile this morning I noticed that the little brass socket that the charger plugs into is missing. Unable to find it anywhere but I wonder if it is possible to obtain this sort of thing. It’s a Nokia 3300 (shaped rather like Keith Richard’s kidney). I have had it 5 years now and have no problem replacing it, but it would have been nice to keep as a spare.

Any ideas appreciated. ;)

Sponsored Links
If you work out how many times you plug and unplug the charger you have done well to get it to last 5 years.I,m no expert but its a throw away world so look for another phone for a spare.

Have a look at the end of the charger.
Daughter had a similar problem a while ago and hunted everywhere before asking me to have a look at it.
Picked the charger up to see what the end looked like and there stuck on the end was the bit from the phone. Pushed it in and amazingly it started charging!

Sponsored Links
Oompah : About once every five days, so about 360 or so in five years? Not huge usage, then. You're right about "a throw away world", though. I ordered new one but will keep the existing and see whether it can be fixed subsequently.

Conny : No sign of it, I'm afraid. Will have to source a replacement if it is ever to be fixed.

Thanks for your comments, guys. ;)

Back