This is odd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have got a nokia phone and my charger went faulty ,got another charger and when I plug it in to my phone then plug it in to the mains my dog runs towards it and starts moving its head side to side with a sort of inquisitve look, I have plugged it in the mains but not in the phone and the dog is not interested .......it only happens when its charging the mobile......took it in the garage and plugged it in as silently as I could but the dog came flying out as soon as I done this......took it in the loft and dog came running up the stairs.........tried another nokia and dog not interested ..tried another charger into my nokia and dog not interested ...its only when this phone and charger come together............I am just as puzzled as the dog

Sponsored Links
It makes me smile and the kids are winding the dog ........its all good fun,well maybe not for the dog.......but it is puzzling

:idea: Maybe the charger makes some high-pitched sound that humans can't hear ... like some dog whistles do ... then I also would have to conclude that the other Nokia was maybe still quite fully charged?
Try another dog, i.e. take charger and phone with you when walking your dog, and see if another dog owner would be willing to make his/her dog available for a test - during which your own dog should not be present.

You're lucky if it also repels mosquitoes :evil: - but your dog may not approve of this!

Sponsored Links
CVT-driver said:
Try another dog, i.e. take charger and phone with you when walking your dog

You'll need to take a socket with you too. ;)

dogonphone.jpg

:LOL:

I thought it's the other part of that mobile phone that is the real ear warmer! Unless the ear is somewhere else, then.

My Nokia charger emits a high pitched whine/whistle when there is no currrent through it (phone full or not plugged into phone).

My parents old Trinitron Sony TV used to make the same noise as does my DVD player when you switch it off.

Mst just be in the frequency that your dog can hear.

I once experienced a phone charger making a high pitched whine. Only I could hear it, nobody else (i was about 17 at the time). Dog whistles are slightly higher, just above human range.

I understand electronic phone chargers (most are electronic now, rather than a coil based transformer) sense when a phone is connected and only work when this is the case.

Didn't Crafty have his 18th on 1st July :confused:

Why weren't we all invited to the party?

JohnD said:
Didn't Crafty have his 18th on 1st July :confused:

Why weren't we all invited to the party?
I knew you'd all be too busy stood in a smoking shelter outside a pub somewhere. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back