Anyone got a Nokia N95?

jeeves said:
Do you find yourself having to charge daily would you say Richard?
Yes Jeeves, everyday it needs charging, but remember, its new, so I'm constantly playing round with it and wlan scanning is on all the time, I could turn it off, I havnt even started to find out what this phone will do!! I need a kid to show me :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all your feedback it's been most useful.

Crafty, a spongy and unresponsive knob, how unfortunate :) (sorry couldn't resist).

I've heard you can get replacement covers for the K750i, which I would think might help the knob (and so I've been told fix the light not going off on mine), but I'm not convinced.

At last, got the GPS working, had to download maps from google as it didnt cover my area, but get this, last night we went out in the boat, really thick fog came down and we used the gps to get us home, faNTASTIC!!. :D so now I'll see what else it can do.

Just a quick update, I've now got my N95, a surprisingly easy process (keeping my same number, was the same network though, pay as you go > contract).

I'm very impressed with it so far, it's very good. I've had a little dabble with the GPS, and I found it's best to use the WLAN connection to download the maps, so you don't incur evil network charges. Also if you download something called Nokia Map Loader, you can select which countries and regions you want and download them via your pc which will then upload them to your phone (via usb/bluetooth), to save downloading little bits at a time.

Sponsored Links
Richardp said:
that flipping WLAN connection, I have to keep putting in the long wep key ??? :evil:
Stop trying to nick someone else's connection then! :LOL:

I have the same Rich, it only seems to forget the WEP key for the Map programs, it remembers it for the web browser, so perhaps it's a s/w fault (hopefully). Now I've uploaded the maps for the UK, I don't need connection so I just cancel it and skip to the map without internet connection.

Most Nokia 3G phones are power hungry - something to do with constantly looking for the best cell to use.

Ricardo .... If the GPS is similar to my recent satnav... You can save personal points of interest.... either by entry of co-ordinates or by saving an actual position as in when physically at the point - a button press can save the position then one can add a description...

On the briny you could set the position of Buoys etc either off a chart (then check reality) or by moving alongside and fixing the position... Good stuff isn't it? Certainly makes the phone better value for dosh.
Blimey you could, if you wanted, be tracked, - perfik when playing Nelson.
:D :D

I see what you mean pip! well the maps dont show up the hard bits, so I spose the best thing is to go round from here to the new inn on a flat calm day and go hug a rock and then press the save location button, and graduly build up my own maps.
These are the ribs being used round here at the moment.

http://www.mustangmarine.com/ribworker/portfolio/cyclone.htm
cyclone-500.jpg

We came back on one from st Martins the other night, its was pitch black and the skipper used his GPS, radar hybrid thingy, all the way home, hardly looked out of the wheelhouse window once,(bit like fly by wire) just used his monitor, abit weird and I was waiting for a sickly thud which thankfully never came. very clever stuff.
;)

here's the course,(maybe half a mile) not very far but note the hard bits lol
ribam6.jpg

Blimey that chart looks like a problem - after a good old sesh at the NI you could end up on the sea bed or worse, the Isle of Wight ... Were you at the latter for Bob Dylan back in the 60's !

Looking at the hard shell inflatable (to Penzance? hughie job on the big white for sure !!)
- What about a nice little hovercraft?
Burnham on sea inshore / onshore / on mud .... rescue craft !

rescue3a.jpg
Or a ZapCat?
zapcat-boat.jpg

;)

empip said:
Blimey that chart looks like a problem - after a good old sesh at the NI you could end up on the sea bed or worse, the Isle of Wight ... Were you at the latter for Bob Dillon back in the 60's !
No but i saw a western with his brother Matt Dylan in it ;)

Sponsored Links
Back