Anyone have experience with wireless dialers?

Sponsored Links
That works on GSM so must have a sim card. Now I havent used PAYG for quite some time, but last time I did, they would cancel your number if you didn't make any calls or txts or top up within a 90 day period. And each message cost 12p.

Don't know about the product, but as for that particular company from personal experience I would go elsewhere.

I purchased my alarm off alertelectrical. One part of my order was missing. So I phoned them and they posted it straight out.

So they did make a mistake but they put it right for me no hassle.

Sponsored Links
I ordered some lamps and fittings on the 31st Jan, money taken by google checkout immediately. I heard nothing until I requested an update on 19th Feb and was told they will be in mid March. I replied and asked for the other part of the order to be send but they haven't bothered to reply as of yet.
Not a good way to do business in my book.

yes that does leave something to be desired.

Have you tried phoning them?

My friend in work ordered a cheaper model of alarm than mine from them at the same time ish and they sent him the same one as mine. I was a bit gutted.

I haven't tried phoning them yet no. Just used email.
I'll give them till mid march and if still nothing I'll just cancel the order.

I ended up buying my texecom kit from Brewtime (recommended in a post here)

They did me a great deal about £30 cheaper that alertelectrical and great service. The kit was complete.

Now to wire the thing up!

I went for a standard wired speech dialler, and have bought a 25m super thin phone extension. So will reroute to the control panel

Thanks guys

Ah wanted to also ask, is it advisable to mount the dialler next to the keypad?

It has a listen in and talkback mode so i dont want to hide it under the stairs, but i also do want it in easy reach so it can be ripped off the wall!

Where are they normally sited?

doesnt really matter, since if you do talk backit will be a give away where it is.
You should also rememebr that yopu have to programme in a bell delay, which in your case defeats the object.

If you have no bell delay when you listen in you will not hear anything above the noise of the alarm itself sounding.

If you have a bell delay the thieves cn stay longer because they dont know anything is wrong.

Alarm companies do use listen in, but they call the police.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back