Anyone help please F75 fault code on Valiant eco tec plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, could anyone offer me a bit of advice regarding my Valiant eco tec 824 boiler please.
It keeps coming up with fault code f75, the pressure drops about a day after I fill up the water again but only if I put the heating on, if I don't put heating on it doesn't drop! the heating works fine and we get hot water fine.
I'm not sure who to call out, would I be best to call Valiant, we live in East London so a bit worried about just calling anyone out of the yellow pages and getting conned.
It's not been serviced for 18 months, its 6 years old and the whole system was fitted from new.
Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
look on vaillants find an installer pages...and use the post code search...

Thanks Alec, I'm just a bit worried about getting ripped off, normally I'd always go local with tradesmen, hate big corporations but in London there are a few rip off merchants, lot of good guys to mind.

I have home emergency cover on my insurance but we need it serviced anyway.

Just hope the problem isn't a leak, I've bled all the rads, can't see any visible leaks, but the whole house has wooden flooring so.....

I had BG home care but a gas installer I know said it was pointless as the boiler was new at the time so we cancelled it, but what we saved can go towards the repair, don't mind paying so long as they fix the issue.

Thanks again.

Worried about getting ripped off? What would be a rip off to you?

Sponsored Links
I had to deal with an F75 on a five year old Vaillant boiler last week that had never been serviced.

It was possible to deal with it within my diagnostic fee.

Tony

why will you be ripped off, the idea that we are a bunch of crooks is actually quite offensive..

my call out is £120, plus £80 for a return visit if necesary, plus parts and parking, and I get it..

why will you be ripped off, the idea that we are a bunch of crooks is actually quite offensive..

my call out is £120, plus £80 for a return visit if necesary, plus parts and parking, and I get it..

I'm sorry you feel offended, that wasn't my intention.
I know nothing about boilers what so ever, I've had friends completely turned over by boiler engineers in London, hense my question.

I'll look elsewhere, thank you to then guys that offered some advise.
Cheers

I'm sorry you feel offended, that wasn't my intention.
I know nothing about boilers what so ever, I've had friends completely turned over by boiler engineers in London, hense my question.

I'll look elsewhere, thank you to then guys that offered some advise.
Cheers

These guys are pretty good: http://vaillantservice.co.uk/VAILLANT/Vailliant_Home_Boiler_Repairs_Servicing_Faults.html

Possibly require a burner seal gasket/hosses/EV re-pressurised/sensor replaced or cleaned/combustion tweaked.......all for the princely sum of 350/400 notes , allow an additional 200 notes if pump needs replacing.

I had to deal with an F75 on a five year old Vaillant boiler last week that had never been serviced.

It was possible to deal with it within my diagnostic fee.

Tony

Very rare Tony , please don't build the OP's hopes up, I guess a good way of getting your foot in the door. ;)

Attended a 6 series vaillant yesterday with f75 , New hosses/pump/sensor/service/combustion tweak/burner seal/EV re-pressurised...Total cost £480. :D

Cheers guys, insurance company can del with it if its £400 plus, lol that's why I pay em I suppose, covered for £1k home emergency without it effecting my premiums, Christ if it was £600 I'd just buy another boiler.
Thanks for your input, much appreciated

With just an F75 fault I find that the only extra that I sometimes need is a sensor at about £26.

Tony

Looking on the net, why are valiant producing a fixing kit for f75 faults, is it a known fault, btw my quest mark symbol is broken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back