Valiant Eco-etc plus help!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a valiant boiler eco-tech plus. The hot water is working fine however, heating no matter what temperature, goes into (what I think to be) anti-cycling mode.

This results in the heating never going above a lukewarm temperature.

Without knowing anything about boilers, plumbing or heating; could anyone on this forum please help with any thing I can do to correct this?

Many thanks for your time and I sincerely appreciate any help or guidance anyone may be able to provide!

Shane

Sponsored Links
If it is a newer ecoTEC + (silver door trim, and buttons instead of knobs) there is - in my view a design fault - that causes the software to do this unless you turn down the boiler output to heating on smaller systems, or ones with restrictive pipework.

This is called range rating and you will find how to do it in the menus part of the boiler manual. It should be done by a gas tech but since it is only pressing buttons you could have a go.

So for instance, if it is set to 24Kw output heating you could turn it down to 15Kw. Vaillant help line might talk you through it, too involved to go into on here.

Thanks Simind, much appreciated and very informative!

The boiler is one of the 'older' style ones with two knows, one for heating and one for HW - do you still think it could be the range rating though?

Many thanks again,

Shane

Sponsored Links
What model ecoTEC is it? There are 4, 6, 8 and 9 series units out there. All different.

And is this a sudden deterioration or has it always/for a few years been the case?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back