Anyone help please F75 fault code on Valiant eco tec plus

It is well accepted that the pink sensor is unreliable and one of the main causes of F75 faults.

All of the advice is that they should always be changed because they are very likely to be the main cause of the F75 which you have been called for.

If you don't change it on your visit then you are likely to be recalled to the boiler and in my case that will be unpaid.

Tony

Recharged for a return visit then! Remind me tony what is your pricing structure I don't think you have mentioned it before!

Sponsored Links
Tonys charging structure is based on him undervaluing his skill and knowledge and 1980's valuation of the pound. If I really wanted to repair boilers I would complain about unfair competition...

It is also 'well accepted' that the hoses block which will also throw an f75 so why not replace these too? , still a good few original pink sensors that are working fine so as DP said why would you change it if it ain't broke? (your sentiments).

It was also explained to you in the locked part of this forum how the expansion vessel plays an important role regards pressure rise (I don't remember a thanks either) , wasn't it yourself that said "water is sucked out of expansion vessel" , says it all really........and you have the audacity to slate others?????

I know a good few guys on here that would run rings around you Tony (ironically these are the guys you are constantly slating), the constant slating of your fellow trades people is a sure sign of insecurity.

Sponsored Links
All of the advice is that they should always be changed because they are very likely to be the main cause of the F75 which you have been called for.

Had many whereby the hoses/pump were shot but the salmon sensor was fine!, I guess on this occasion you would have changed the salmon sensor with an additional call back for hose replacement.

I also see pink sensors which are working fine but I do recommend to the customer that he lets me change them.

Oddly they don't seem to cause much of a problem in the Viessmann boilers although of course they don't look for a pressure rise on pump operation.

The depleted EXV is the most common prime cause of those that I visit.

Tony

I'd like access to this locked section of the forum...

If your gas registered then join the combustion chamber (locked forum) , I,m sure Tony would stop this constant slating if the general forum were able to poke their nose in the CC from time to time. ;)

An experienced engineer like Tony glazier seeking advice on "how to hang a boiler".....please......

I also see pink sensors which are working fine but I do recommend to the customer that he lets me change them.

Oddly they don't seem to cause much of a problem in the Viessmann boilers although of course they don't look for a pressure rise on pump operation.

Tony

The operation of these sensors is pretty much the same throughout... there is a small hole in the bottom which allows water into a chamber inside the sensor. Inside is a plate which pushes against a spring. This spring then measures the distance the plate travels to indicate the pressure.
They sense a pressure change when the pump runs my a movement on this plate, failure to see this change is what usually throws up the F75 (i think - please dont shoot me down for thinking... just giving an input as always)

Piers

So which is it a depleted vessel or salmon sensor???????? make your mind up.

I'd like access to this locked section of the forum...

If your gas registered then join the combustion chamber (locked forum) , I,m sure Tony would stop this constant slating if the general forum were able to poke their nose in the CC from time to time. ;)

An experienced engineer like Tony glazier seeking advice on "how to hang a boiler".....please......

a little bit more difficult for me im affraid... need to speak to a moderator about gaining access...

do you know who runs that part of the forum?

Why is it difficult piers? , are you a retired gas engineer? , work under a company umbrella?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back