Anyone help please F75 fault code on Valiant eco tec plus

You're very defensive. I never suggested you are specifically a part changer.

Well of course I will try to defend myself when you imply that I am a parts changer to which you did.

I suggest you refrain from giving out advice regarding these boilers as it is clear that you are not familiar with them.

Sponsored Links
Very common to have clean water in these, then someone changes hoses and reccommends a power flush as they think its sludge :rolleyes: not you is it Pliers

Very common to have clean water in these, then someone changes hoses and reccommends a power flush as they think its sludge :rolleyes: not you is it Pliers

Quality. :LOL:

Gotta stop venturing into this section of the forum as it appears to be full of wannabe heating/plumbing/gas engineers. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
You're very defensive. I never suggested you are specifically a part changer.

Well of course I will try to defend myself when you imply that I am a parts changer to which you did.

I suggest you refrain from giving out advice regarding these boilers as it is clear that you are not familiar with them.

i was partly agreeing with you if you look back. You correctly suggested that there are multiple parts that can cause the fault, which is the case. I was simply suggesting that people who do change all of the parts just for the sake of it arent really testing it correctly. You have clearly proven the logic behind why you change certain parts which is fine, i dont think you're wrong.

Its an open forum, if i can put across any help i will do. I dont have to be a vaillant expert to understand a fault on a boiler. My fault finding ability on boilers is pretty good so i will keep helping where i can.

and no, it isnt me that reccomends a system clean for every fault. thats BG.

and im not a "wannabe" heating/plumbing or gas engineer... ;)

I do the minimum required to have a good chance of preventing any further F75 faults.

Because I charge a fixed diagnostic fee its certainly not in my interest to need to make a further visit because that's at no extra charge except for parts.

I explain to the customer what the situation is and I think that they like the fact that I don't rush into changing too many parts like some do.

Tony

Its good to see Piers posting here because he is knowledgeable about boilers and explains things clearly and without being side tracked by any "personal" comments!

Tony

but vaillant seem to recommend changing the hoses and the sensor whether they are faulty or not...

am I right in thinking there were issues with the "salmon" pressure sensor, and that the rubber hoses that even if not blocked could still cause a deposit in the filter..in both cases best practice would be to change them....

Its good to see Piers posting here because he is knowledgeable about boilers and explains things clearly and without being side tracked by any "personal" comments!

Tony

Thanks Tony, im neutral to any personal opinions as you can tell :)

I will always put across a logical idea on any fault. On some products i can offer a bit more indepth information and assistance as you are already aware.

Im no Vaillant expert so i certainly wont claim to know much about them, but the principal is the same so im sure some input may help...

Piers

but vaillant seem to recommend changing the hoses and the sensor whether they are faulty or not...

am I right in thinking there were issues with the "salmon" pressure sensor, and that the rubber hoses that even if not blocked could still cause a deposit in the filter..in both cases best practice would be to change them....

Only the pink sensors are suspect and should be replaced when encountered.

The hoses can split of course too.

But apart from pink sensors I only change what I know is required to solve the F75 fault. I do mention other aspects to the customers but generally find they want it working again at the least possible expense.

Customers motto could be "if it isn't broken then I don't want to pay to replace it".

Tony

[quoteOnly the pink sensors are suspect and should be replaced when encountered.

The hoses can split of course too.

But apart from pink sensors I only change what I know is required to solve the F75 fault. I do mention other aspects to the customers but generally find they want it working again at the least possible expense.

Customers motto could be "if it isn't broken then I don't want to pay to replace it".
[/quote]

You lost me there old chap. You say the pink sensor should be replaced when encountered and then go on to say"if it isn't broken then I don't want to pay to replace it". If the pink sensor is not faulty, why change it? In the name of professionalism, I would have though the call would be to look, listen, diagnose and fix rather than throw needless parts at a boiler that you often berate others of doing
:rolleyes:

but people don't want unending aggravation with their boilers they pay us to give them a high degree of certainty that their boilers will perform correctly.

just changing one part when other is suspect seems a bit "slack" to me...especially if the technical help at vaillant are suggesting for example the hoses should be changed.

its also very easy to end up with huge bills in this...the one I did the other day threw up f62, and f27 after I reassembled it having changed the pump..it needed a new pcb...

Its difficult to know where to draw the line some times...

It is well accepted that the pink sensor is unreliable and one of the main causes of F75 faults.

All of the advice is that they should always be changed because they are very likely to be the main cause of the F75 which you have been called for.

If you don't change it on your visit then you are likely to be recalled to the boiler and in my case that will be unpaid.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back