Anyone here use FleaBay ?

J

joinerjohn

Just successfully bid for a car on E Bay. How long should I wait for the seller to contact me about the item? (Collection only) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Just successfully bid for a car on E Bay. How long should I wait for the seller to contact me about the item? (Collection only) ;) ;)

Just send them a message. Hope you are going to pay when you pick up...

Also make sure you have insurance and MOT cert, in place if you intend to drive it home, otherwise plod might take it off you and crush it.

Wotan

I already have car insurance (fully Comp in my name) and believe I can drive the car home on this insurance, albeit only third party, until I transfer the insurance over to it.. Don't want to transfer the insurance over until the seller contacts me.
Does that sound reasonable? BTW it's MOT'd until Oct this year and taxed until the end of April. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
"believe I can drive the car home on this insurance"

that is a NO you can drive any other car that has insurance

"believe I can drive the car home on this insurance"

that is a NO you can drive any other car that has insurance

That depends on the policy

Does it,you can only drive another car on your insurance if its already insured and as the permission of the owner.If you know better give a link.

Yep, read the small print on your certificate of motor insurance. Likelihood is for a domestic type policy that it entitles you to drive a motor vehicle 3rd party providing it is not owned by you and it already has a policy on it.

What is stopping you swopping the insurance when you collect it?

Hmm I might arrange collection tomorrow when the insurance place is shut (or are they open 24/7 ? ) I deal with Swintons via their local office here in Derby.

Read the small prnt on your policy, or give your insurer a call.

Some policies WILL let you drive another vehicle thathas no insurance, provided you given permission and it has tax and MOT.

If your policy does allow it, you will only be covered when you are actually sat in the car, leave it on the road and nip the shop for some milk...and the vehicle will be on a public highway without insurance.

Just had a look on the Swinton website and the only contact details are by putting my postcode in and speaking to my local branch. Sadly they close at 1:00pm on Saturdays and don't open again until Monday. I can call an 0800 number for existing policy holders but they try to put me through to my local branch. Hmmmph :mad:

So here's a scenario, at the moment Mr A is driving a clapped out old banger which will not pass it's next MOT,its insured third party and is worth scrap value,he then buys a car off of E-Bay worth say £2000 go's to drive it home,as an accident which is his fault do you think his insurers will really pay out bearing in mind the original car's number is on the insurance policy.

Just had a look at my insurance documents On the certificate it does say "The policyholder may also drive any motor car, not belonging to him and not hired to him under a hire purchase agreement."
If I pick up the car, the V5 document will still be in the present owners name. Does it lawfully become mine as soon as the money changes hands? Or does it become mine when the V5 is updated by DVLA?
Tricky one, I don't want to be seen to be breaking any laws.

Although I have seen cases where the police accept that the vehicle is insured on another policy in the drivers name.

Sponsored Links
Back