Anyone seen the prices of copper pipes. copper or plastic which one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I was just looking at the cost of a bundle of 15mm and 22mm pipe. In the middle of a huge project which requires about 6 bundles of each. Last year 15mm bundles was selling for under 70 quid at W***** and 22mm just under 120 quid, now its almost double. I cannot believe it.

I am not used to leveraging push fit plastic pipes as an experienced plumber once said to me that best to use plastic in easy to reach areas where if it leaks you can easily get to it to fix and welded copper in hard to reach areas etc.

The project I am working on will have concealed systems everywhere (mixer valves, toilets, cisterns, pipes in the ceiling ceiling, pipes in stud walls, pipes buried in concrete etc). One thing I cannot afford is leaks especially months after the plumbers have left side.

Any advice please.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Everything is going up at the moment - copper, timber, sand, cement, you name it, it's got a lot more expensive.

If you can afford timber loads of it is well twisty...real pain putting a floor down last week :(

Hi All.

I was just looking at the cost of a bundle of 15mm and 22mm pipe. In the middle of a huge project which requires about 6 bundles of each. Last year 15mm bundles was selling for under 70 quid at W***** and 22mm just under 120 quid, now its almost double. I cannot believe it.

I am not used to leveraging push fit plastic pipes as an experienced plumber once said to me that best to use plastic in easy to reach areas where if it leaks you can easily get to it to fix and welded copper in hard to reach areas etc.

The project I am working on will have concealed systems everywhere (mixer valves, toilets, cisterns, pipes in the ceiling ceiling, pipes in stud walls, pipes buried in concrete etc). One thing I cannot afford is leaks especially months after the plumbers have left side.

Any advice please.

My crystal ball says.......................

.................. Please replace batteries.
:LOL:

How should a first-fix be pressure tested when a system is complex with tails everywhere? Would a plumber put a temporary compression fix stop-end on every tail and then pressurise before plastering everything in?

How should a first-fix be pressure tested when a system is complex with tails everywhere? Would a plumber put a temporary compression fix stop-end on every tail and then pressurise before plastering everything in?

Compression/pushfit stopends,
Caps, plugs, lever valves, etc...
Whatever each outlet requires.
I then hook everything together (HW & CH) via a temp manifold, using pushfit, with a gauge, lever valve and drain off and charge it to the required bar, depending on piping material(s) used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back