Anyone use Google Earth?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am using GE version 5.1.3535.3218 but when I look up directions for somewhere it no longer shows the road numbers such as A41, A580 etc.

Does anyone know how to get these to show up.
I've got to go to Chesterfield on Tuesday for a course and can get a map but I like to see what kind of scenery to expect, houses, fields, bridges etc before I set out.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I am using GE version 5.1.3535.3218 but when I look up directions for somewhere it no longer shows the road numbers such as A41, A580 etc.

Does anyone know how to get these to show up.
I've got to go to Chesterfield on Tuesday for a course and can get a map but I like to see what kind of scenery to expect, houses, fields, bridges etc before I set out.

Any help much appreciated.

Just ask me, i'll tell ya, seeing as i live in Chesterfield.... where's you course?

Wharf Lane. S41 7NB
Company is called ERIKS.
Google is taking me over Snake Pass apparently but I've been told to go down to Stoke on the M6 then put the postcode into the sat nav.

I used to use Google Earth, i use Google Maps/Street View now, just as good, more up to date.

Sponsored Links
Wharf Lane. S41 7NB
Company is called ERIKS.
Google is taking me over Snake Pass apparently but I've been told to go down to Stoke on the M6 then put the postcode into the sat nav.

If i'm honest, i don't know the best route to take - although snake pass is usually closed in the winter. But you'll come to the centre... and your target is quite literally half a mile towards Sheffield. The scenery is typical large rural town... lots of green, quite a lot of industrial estates and units... but nothing high rise....

- although snake pass is usually closed in the winter.

Look, lets be honest here. Snake Pass is open for about two weeks in August, and thats it. I spent several years going back and forth from Lincolnshire to Manchester, Snake Pass was never open.

Thanks Imam. I've had pics up on 'street view' and it appears to be down a residential road which opens onto an industrial site.
I'll get there, just looking for a quick/easy way to get across from the M6 without going through Bakewell/etc.

Thanks for your help.

You sure M62 to leeds then down the M1 isn't the easiest (maybe not the shortest, but the M6 is a mare)?

Heres some ****** from Google Maps:

auw75s.png

Why blur out the street name plate and then have the name in big letters on screen. Idiots........

Nah, if you turn round on that spot they did the same thing with the name plate on the side road

33aexoz.png

and then at the next side street, they've done it all over Lincoln

2q9z8r6.png

You sure M62 to leeds then down the M1 isn't the easiest (maybe not the shortest, but the M6 is a mare)?

Possibility there mate.
Mind you, only probs I've had on M6 S.Bound have been just before Brum a few weeks back and not planning on going that far south! :LOL:

Possibility there mate.
Mind you, only probs I've had on M6 S.Bound have been just before Brum a few weeks back and not planning on going that far south! :LOL:
Tend to find the bit from Thelwall right the way to Stoke quite tiring. It may be worth your while seeing if you can get a cheap room in a travel lodge and go down the night before - would your boss be willing to pay for this?

Tend to find the bit from Thelwall right the way to Stoke quite tiring. It may be worth your while seeing if you can get a cheap room in a travel lodge and go down the night before - would your boss be willing to pay for this?

Thelwall to J18 Crewe isn't bad but from there to 17 drags a bit and 17 to 16 is a nightmare, seems you are never going to get there!

Tight armed barsteward only wanted to hire the car for one day, 07.30 Tuesday, come home after course and park car up in works car park so it could be collected at 07.30 Wednesady!
Girl in office said to stuff him, she'll book it Mon to Wed night and tell him 3 day minimum hire. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back