Anyone use Moeller stuff?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after some info on Moeller X-Pole breakers, or more specifically their busbars / jumper bars if anyone uses them..

in the catalogue they list the 3 phase busbars as being available in "6 module, 9 module, 12 module, 16 module and 20 module"..

it's the last 2 that have thrown me..
by module does it mean 1 entire 3 phase breaker, as in a "6 module" bar will take 6 x 3 phase breakers?
or does it mean that it's 6 "pole", ie a "6 module" bar will connect together 2 x 3 phase breakers?

if it's the latter then the numbering should go 6,9,12,15,18,21 surely, rather than 6,9,12,16,20?....

Sponsored Links
Not familiar with X pole DB's. Have you phoned their tech dept?

Does seem odd.

Can't mean 1 module = 1 3-phase breaker, surely? I mean - how long would the 20- one be?

Sponsored Links
In this context a module is the width of a single pole device.

A 6-module busbar will accept 6 x single pole circuit breakers, or 2 x 3-pole linked circuit breakers.

Hope that helps.

Doesn't explain why a 3-phase busbar doesn't come in multiples of 3-module sizes.

They do the busbar in a 2-phase version, and they do two-phase breakers to go with it.

Have a look here

I can't see any products with 16 or 20 positions though...

you're on the wrong page there, those are not the same type of breaker that we have and appear to be more industrial.
they are listed as "feeder and branch circuit breakers"..

try googling for "EVG-16/3PHAS/16MODUL" which is the part number for the 3phase 16 module bar...

It does seem an odd combination, however the catalogue says 285mm long which is about 18x single pole breakers long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back