Anywhere to buy threaded pipe and these flanges in uk?

eBay is your best bet £1:46 each postage 16 pound I'm a pipe fitter by trade and have exhausted all my suppliers pipe centre come back with 126 quid Each
Only in America are floor flanges stocked I did get a price to have some made with a flange and welded socket but they did not look right for the steampunk furniture look so I bought these on eBay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2913...1853-0%26rvr_id%3D1064981886837&ul_noapp=true There is also a supplier in south east London charlton called Lenpart that will cut and screw pipe for you and does not charge for this service when you buy the pipe from them

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Hi guys!

First time poster and mainly a newbie.

Looking into doing this project:

https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle...diy-custom-bar-cart-diy-plans-for-liquor-cart

I do have a few questions: I read on this thread that it's hard to find in the UK this 'threaded' tube. Has anyone found a way to do it? What about the 'nipples'? The elbows and the flanges can be found on eBay with the link from this thread.

On the other hand, and looking at the pictures, the first picture the tubes look darker than when he attaches them to the flange. Does this mean he's using some kind of 'adapter' that attaches into the tube and then screws into the flange? If so, where can I find it?

Plus, does the maker of this project (on the website) painted the tubes or can they be found on that 'dark' colour?

Sorry if these are 'lame' questions :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
All I want is to know how does he assemble it:

How does the steel tube screw into the flange?

You will need a pipe threader to create a male thread on the tube. This is where this work starts to get expensive.

The tube comes in (typically) 3m and 6m lengths with a thread at one end and a socket at the other, either galvanised or red oxide.

If I buy a 3m tube, will a steel business for example cut it in the measures I need and then thread it for me?

image.jpeg
Hi pipe can't really be bought threaded like you can in the states but there is places that do thread pipe for you I know of one place in London but your best bet is ask about if anybody knows a pipe fitter also the flanges are hard to come by in the uk I bought mine on a website called alibaba imported from China I paid 90 pound delivered for 50 and took 6 days to be delivered I've currently made a similar project out of scaffold boards and pipe but I painted the pipe in galvanised Hammerite

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back