APD WP1

For myself, I only ever need a single roll of membrane, so that's £40, I already have the adhesive as I'll be using the same stuff to fix the tiles, no need for any of the band, simply cut a 200mm strip off the main sheet for internal corners. Domestic showers really only need 1m of tanking, especially over baths and in particular no more is needed unless using mosaic tiles. The OP didn't mention the polyester tape, that's £15 a roll, 2 required.

So to summarise, the OP could have popped a cherry on top of his eloquent reply, it's still not convnced me.

Remember, I have a choice as to what system I use, WP1 is gathering dust all round the country in shops, in fact, Topps stopped pushing it over 2 years ago, I needed to use some on a curved floor to wall joint in a wet room, two of my suppliers had WP1 in stock but it was out of date.

Just to add my two penneth, why are you using topps, Dont you have a CTD near you?

I assume you are Bathstyle from screwfix? if so i had noticed quite a long time ago that you have pops at people who dont agree with you or your methods.Me, well i dont care personally.
You have your ideas and work methods and thats great, other people have theres and thats great.
But having a dig at Richard is just pathetic mate.He has offered more help,advice than a hell of a lot of people on here, that also includes me.
Thats my opinion and i am entitled to it,same as you are entitled to yours

P.S
My local CTD dont have mounds of WP1 gathering dust, maybe Topps do as i dont know many tilers who use them to be honest with you

Sponsored Links
Where have I had a pop at Richard? It's called banter, RichC takes things very seriously, he is probably a good 15 yeas older than me so you'd think he should be chilled. I have often wondered why he goes all defensive over the slightest comment, although he has lightened up a lot lately it seems.Now, someone else defending him isn't pathetic is it?! I'm a lone ranger, I don't need a flock of sheep to back me up- wink

Compare the prices of adhesives between topps and CTD for me, I'm keen to know where is the best place to shop, I use whoever is nearest, either Topps or a local independent, occasionally CTD.

No Pro uses WP1, I can't see how it can be an efficient way to work, although I'm still keen for someone to explain where I might have been going wrong with the product.

315...pops.. this thread is getting intersting(pardon the spelling)...lol

well as for rich...i think he can stick up for himself ;) ..

ok the debate ..WP1..v wall/floor tanking membrane...???

well the membrane wall/floor wins hands down..imho..
why?..

for an area ,its easier to apply and the "pro"..lol.. can tile fix straight away, as has been said(p.s. i aint taking sides..lol).. also as has been said if anyone can hang wallpaper(were have i seen that said before..lol ;) )..its easy and idiot proof to apply, but just as easy and idiot proof as the WP1,but again for a tile fixer,its all about..time..but again its all down to money/budget of the client at the end of the day!

the tile fixer can only work with the "tools they have"...

as for stockist..well t@pps are sh4t for most things..imho(my good mate is a manager)all their tiles are mainly sourced from the far east.. :rolleyes:

i have and i will always mainly deal with CTD as jctiling has already mentioned.. cos imo they are.. imo one off the best out there,and they look after the tile fixer,for prices on ALL material/tiles..

well thier is ..ma two bobs worth..lol...

p.s i do use t4pps,but they cant beat CTD for prices...maybe cos i have been using CTD for most off my years and they do tend to look after the tile fixer for prices.

How much is a bag of Bal SP flexy White at CTD, or a SP flexy White equivalent?

Good to hear your views Tictic.

Sponsored Links
I remember another reason I stopped using WP1, BAL wanted you to skim boards with tile adhesive the day before tanking, that meant you could only start tiling on day 3.
FYI This is no longer the case, BAL recommend cement based boards don't need tanking, they are either water resistant (Hardiebacker) or waterproof (Kerdi-Wedi). However joints and tray overlaps still need tanking tape.

Gaz

The BAL WP2 Tanking Solution has now been succesfully developed. By early 2011 this will be available to purchase, setting time 2 hrs and also suitable for exterior use.

Gaz

I remember another reason I stopped using WP1, BAL wanted you to skim boards with tile adhesive the day before tanking, that meant you could only start tiling on day 3.
FYI This is no longer the case, BAL recommend cement based boards don't need tanking, they are either water resistant (Hardiebacker) or waterproof (Kerdi-Wedi). However joints and tray overlaps still need tanking tape.

Gaz

Rarely use Hardibacker due to health risks when cutting, the extruded foam boards tend to come in rediculous widths and are hugely expensive, only really use Knauf Aquapanel which is a product that Bal always used to recommend skimming I believe.

What's this new product then? A membrane? And most importanly how much is it, for me, nothing beats schluter Kerdi, which must've been out some 20 odd years, so am surprised it's taken Bal so long.

Sorry for the double post, my phone wouldn't let me scroll down when editing my first, anyway.....2 hours before setting, just about manageable I guess, kerdi and homelux are ok to tile onto immediatly.

Gaz, feel free to fart on your next post, you'll probably get thanked for passing wind by someone on here.... :LOL:

Gaz, feel free to fart on your next post, you'll probably get thanked for passing wind by someone on here.... :LOL:

I have never Known anyone so BITCHY in all my life, get a life and get on with it.If you got nothing constructive to say, say nothing at all mate,By the way, are you a tiler ? timeserved or just a course or just someone who has picked it up as you go?.
A civil reply would be nice please

I'm no tiler that's for sure. I would go crazy if that was all I did all day, I do however manage to put up 50 or so sq/metres a month and have been doing so for nearly 20 years.

Aaaaannnywaaayy......paaaaarrrp..

Can I have my Thanks now :LOL:

.......where's Gaz gone? I asked him some questions earlier, maybe he didn't see them, yes that must be it :LOL:

How much is a bag of Bal SP flexy White at CTD, or a SP flexy White equivalent?

Good to hear your views Tictic.

re:prices..
cheap very cheap...in fact with the amount of business i send and give them...i should be getting it for free.. ;)

i luv taking my quote/prices from them, down to my mate at topps..just to see his face lol...saying that.. he has stopped giving me my bacon sarnies and cups of tea... :LOL:

felt sorry for him in MAY there, so gave him 3 weeks business..he will get a holiday this year now... :LOL:

down the other day with a price for a bathroom 20m2/kitchen(5m2 splashback) tiles..he went mental when he seen i was getting the kitchen tiles for 28p each...lol...and these tiles aint the cheap ones.

i dont really think it would be wise to put trade prices on here seeing as the public can view it, they might have heart attacks when knowing the vast difference in price between trade and public :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back