APD WP1

For myself, I only ever need a single roll of membrane, so that's £40, I already have the adhesive as I'll be using the same stuff to fix the tiles, no need for any of the band, simply cut a 200mm strip off the main sheet for internal corners. Domestic showers really only need 1m of tanking, especially over baths and in particular no more is needed unless using mosaic tiles. The OP didn't mention the polyester tape, that's £15 a roll, 2 required.

So to summarise, the OP could have popped a cherry on top of his eloquent reply, it's still not convnced me.

Remember, I have a choice as to what system I use, WP1 is gathering dust all round the country in shops, in fact, Topps stopped pushing it over 2 years ago, I needed to use some on a curved floor to wall joint in a wet room, two of my suppliers had WP1 in stock but it was out of date.

just read this one..
$40 bucks for a single roll mate..you need to find an other suppler there..your getting robbed... :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Post a price then, I have asked for prices a few times, fallen on deaf ears though, strange, I need to see things to believe it, anything.

Post a price then, I have asked for prices a few times, fallen on deaf ears though, strange, I need to see things to believe it, anything.

"all" bagged addy..no more than 15..(not the crap addy i may add)
grout.. 50%..75%..off..
prices will vary from order to order,depending on m2 i am doing(domestic/commercial).

membranes single roll..20-25, if more m2 then price comes down more..

you need to start doing more than 50m2 a MONTH there mate...but you have already said your not crazy and.. do this for a living... ;)

So it's £20 for a 5 metre roll of homelux tanking membrane at CTD? Do they pay you to take the WP1 away? ;)

I'm finding that price hard to believe, I imagine the suppliers pay more than that.

Sponsored Links
just to add,a few fixers i know work for a very well known tile co. in glasgow,and this company doesnt pay a penny for any adhesive and grout, from a well known tile distributor up here..

Well obviously if they are making money somewhere else they can provide free products, which in fact aren't free at all, you are still paying for them by getting less of a discount somewhere else, it's all part of the rediculous RRP scam that most manufacturers are tied up with. I'm talking about strolling into a shop and buying a roll of matting, at £25 a roll, I'll have to fit the sales staff with nappies they'll be p1ssing themselves so much.

So it's £20 for a 5 metre roll of homelux tanking membrane at CTD? Do they pay you to take the WP1 away? ;)

I'm finding that price hard to believe, I imagine the suppliers pay more than that.

they are bulk buying,at a guess their mark up will be what...30-40%?..
as i said earlier if your sending clients to them..and them only..and times are hard out their for joe public(and me.. ;) )..the old saying comes in..
you scratch my back....etc..

9/10 they make their money on the tile sales,i will only get good prices on tiles if its a good client,who gives me regular work..

I'll have to fit the sales staff with nappies they'll be p1ssing themselves so much.

lol...you still shopping at t@@ps then?...YTS scheme still running in there then.. :LOL:

surley you get a very good deal..on materials ect..when it comes to the plumbing.
or are you barred from screwfix too... :LOL:

Well the Manager of the tile shop will obviously work on his margins and make his profit where he can but to say someone is getting ripped off by paying £40 a roll for matting whereby to get it cheaper the installer has to instigate the contract for a large order of tiles is simply misinformation.

just looked out a few reciepts there
30 from topps..
25 from ctd..

the 30 from topps was for a 22m2 off tiles.
..not that big off an order.

Scan 'em up and get them posted, As mentioned before, I doubt the products were bought alone so kind of makes the argument void. It's like saying you got a fantastic deal on a bluray player but forgetting to mention that you bought a 60" plasma with surround sound and a high end TV stand.

oh dont think so..my personnel details are on them..(and i am sh4te at all that stuff on the pc)think you will have to start haggling with your supplier for better deals there bud.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back