April ....anyone else noticed ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The chap next door hadn't ......... " Its April, havent you noticed ? "

" Noticed what ?"

" Its April we haven't had any April showers !"

It doesn't bode well for the water supply in the coming months, the gardener in the family said the plants weren't doing as well as you would expect for this time of the year......greenhouse seedlings are fine of course,

The national water grid should be shutdown to stop the south from harvesting water from the North, I mean come on the water we'd keep could be used to make Beer to send down south, at least it would be put to better use than they can make of it down there.

How are the economics of sending water down south arrived at ? Who makes money from it ? Who pays the bills for the electric pumping stations ? Seeing we have this fragmented water supply service whose paying for what ? Guess I'll have to research it on youtube.

Sponsored Links
Greater London has rain due Weds onwards... but yeah, not had much so far this year. Saying that, my plants are thriving plus the added bonus of some plants not snuffing it over winter.

I enjoy these little pockets of good weather, means can get on top of stuff a bit earlier and without getting soaked!

Sponsored Links
Yeah lets use our water to make beer to send them.
It would be much better than the gnats pi$$ that they drink down there :) :)

After living up North a few times and it raining for the entire summer, I'll suffer gnat's pee for good weather with glee :)

It doesn't bode well for the water supply in the coming months, the gardener in the family said the plants weren't doing as well as you would expect for this time of the year......greenhouse seedlings are fine of course,

Tell me about it! We took on an allotment last year and over the last few days I’ve used up every drop of water in my water butts that I’d spent all winter collecting. Going to have to start walking to the communal tap from today onwards. :mad:

Was at Santa Pod yesterday the good weather brought out the crowds.

Some lady turned up from Norway with her top fuel dragster and went through the quarter mile at 301 mph which was about 40 mph quicker than the
several jet engined powered (3 ?) cars they had up there

10,000 HP apparently :eek:

:)

Certainly is, Madeira now, misty and cold!:(
John :)

I can't say I envy you, I really didn't like Madeira, there's nothing to eat, best restaurant we found was called McDonald's..!! Other than that the food was awful (not that Maccy D's is haute cuisine, but it'll keep you alive, temporarily)

Have the climate change protesters noticed ? April showers were a feature of April for generations ...no longer it appears. It's too late, the next great extinction has already begun.

I can't say I envy you, I really didn't like Madeira, there's nothing to eat, best restaurant we found was called McDonald's..!! Other than that the food was awful (not that Maccy D's is haute cuisine, but it'll keep you alive, temporarily)
A bit of agreement there Eddie! Cable car to some gardens around 5000ft it seems and walked back down. I'm now 6" shorter than I was this morning :eek:

A bit of agreement there Eddie! Cable car to some gardens around 5000ft it seems and walked back down. I'm now 6" shorter than I was this morning :eek:

Oh, now that was the highlight for me, really enjoyed that bit, but Madeira in general, no, I'll pass.

Sponsored Links
Back