Carbon Monoxide went off 3 times now in one month!

Sponsored Links
Smart enough to have to come out to ******* like yourself and know that a potential CO issue is not just confined to the house that may have the alarm going off

self appraisal? who determines whether you really are smart or a ****** pretending to be smart , this is why I said don't be under any delusion.

@Mikefromlondon you are barking up the wrong tree and the procedure that @gas112 is mentioning is standard for CO or gas leaks which cannot be confirmed in the property.

Believe it or not gases pass between properties through any point they can so a CO alert "could" be from a neighbouring property.

You argue from a point of a domestic customer wanting to try and sound clever and save money where as the professionals on here actually know the procedures and have a duty of care to both yourself and your neighbours should such conditions arise.

@gas112 you sound like you know what you're doing? You don't work for the gas board do you? :p

Jon

Sponsored Links
Aquaheat, (with respect) it has already been determined that one of the detector was at fault, assuming if it wasn't , and there was real presence of a Co, I took safety action immediately, I turned my boiler off, and opened all doors and windows to ventilate any presence of a possible Co leak.

then 20 or so minutes later, I reset the detector reading stored to zero, and switched it back on, boiler still off, and kept it checked every 10 to 15 minutes to see if it starts to register any reading, it didn't, so after about an hour, I switched my boiler back on, and monitored the reading and it was showing bare minimum and throughout the rest of the day the reading remained low.

I also happened to have a spare detector made by another brand, not kidde, again both have a 3 digit display and both were showing low reading i.e. under 10ppm. The spare one showing just 1ppm, even now it is showing 1ppm.

So later that day I rang my gas safe mate, explained to him how my Co detector went off, he agreed to pop in the next day and check everything for my peace of mind.

Next day, no further alarms activating, still showing low reading, that means it was pointless to knock on a neighbors properties and cause unnecessary drama.

My mate then checked my own boiler and tested various things on it like gas pressure when running on lowest heat and when running on maximum load, and tested the gas analysis, all readings were consistent with that boiler and normal, in fact I remember him saying that for the age of that boiler its Co reading was pretty good and hardly register on his instrument.

he also checked the flue and used a smoke pellet to make sure no gasses penetrated the house, when he was satisfied and the fact that the Co detector did not go off again soon after, it indicates that it was a one off false alarm and possible problem with a co detector.

In other words, my mate followed logical procedure without disturbing my neighbors, not only that their flue faces the garden and well away from my side flue and side door. leading to garden.

What he did under the circumstances was dead right what anyone should do, otherwise it is like saying we have terrorist in our back yard, so the security services should start knocking on everyone's door to find out if anyone is harboring or supporting terrorism, we don't search and stop everyone who walks on two legs! We ( or the authorities) have to sniff them out!

Last edited:
what he did is not dead right ,, its basic anyone attending a CO report should be checking ALL adjacent properties.
The story gets embellished with every reply.
Go on amuse us you watched him test with a smoke pellet how did he do this ?

CO alarm activation is a serious matter,your gas safe matey will know this and to cover his own arse he would have issued you with a written report detailing his methodology of testing,listing the instruments used with calibration date quoted,where used with readings quoted,appliances listed and reason for alarm activation.

Failure to issue a report and saying that a CO dector is faulty is the easy way out,you can also return the CO dector to the maker for testing at your expense.

Just fit new CO detectors in the correct position (honeywell/sfi) please stop moving them round,stop using the test button ! once a year is enough,exchange the detectors every 3 years,dont burn/incense sticks or candles of any type,keep the detector clean,failing to do the mentioned points just brings forward battery/sensor deterioration.

Its for your safety,i just hope you are not a housing landlord.

In view of what has taken place in london last night, and in Manchester two weeks ago, Co and gas safety rules are the last thing on my mind right now, there are far more important issues we have to deal from now on, the so called the menace of the Islamic Fundamentalist Terrorist, a whole bunch of M.F. deranged brainwashed scums is what we all need to deal with as far more important now then ever.

My deepest condolences to all those life loving civilised people who lost their precious lives both here and in Manchester, including that 8 years old girl. May God bless the little angel.

Our Democracy, our way of life is far more superior to any other way of life. These scums hate us because we love and enjoy our lives and we preach peace, harmony and love, whilst they preach hatred and this proves something must be terribly wrong with their ideology that deprives them all these enjoyments and life that they despise our way of life, so when they can't stand us enjoying our lives, they try to stop us by attacking us. Miserable scums.

Aquaheat, (with respect) it has already been determined that one of the detector was at fault, assuming if it wasn't , and there was real presence of a Co, I took safety action immediately, I turned my boiler off, and opened all doors and windows to ventilate any presence of a possible Co leak.

then 20 or so minutes later, I reset the detector reading stored to zero, and switched it back on, boiler still off, and kept it checked every 10 to 15 minutes to see if it starts to register any reading, it didn't, so after about an hour, I switched my boiler back on, and monitored the reading and it was showing bare minimum and throughout the rest of the day the reading remained low.

I also happened to have a spare detector made by another brand, not kidde, again both have a 3 digit display and both were showing low reading i.e. under 10ppm. The spare one showing just 1ppm, even now it is showing 1ppm.

So later that day I rang my gas safe mate, explained to him how my Co detector went off, he agreed to pop in the next day and check everything for my peace of mind.

Next day, no further alarms activating, still showing low reading, that means it was pointless to knock on a neighbors properties and cause unnecessary drama.

My mate then checked my own boiler and tested various things on it like gas pressure when running on lowest heat and when running on maximum load, and tested the gas analysis, all readings were consistent with that boiler and normal, in fact I remember him saying that for the age of that boiler its Co reading was pretty good and hardly register on his instrument.

he also checked the flue and used a smoke pellet to make sure no gasses penetrated the house, when he was satisfied and the fact that the Co detector did not go off again soon after, it indicates that it was a one off false alarm and possible problem with a co detector.

In other words, my mate followed logical procedure without disturbing my neighbors, not only that their flue faces the garden and well away from my side flue and side door. leading to garden.

What he did under the circumstances was dead right what anyone should do, otherwise it is like saying we have terrorist in our back yard, so the security services should start knocking on everyone's door to find out if anyone is harboring or supporting terrorism, we don't search and stop everyone who walks on two legs! We ( or the authorities) have to sniff them out!

Or, whatever is emitting CO from your neighbour's was switched off during your mate's visit.....

Brigadier, I have since added another different make of detector, there are two detectors now side by side, and twice the kidde detectors gone off whereas the new one hasn't shown reading any more than 1ppm, just in case I thought there may be a problem with this new one, I tested it with a puff of cigarette smoke, and it registered 50+ ppm and did not actually go off, the reading started to go down soon afterwards, and back to 1ppm. hence why I am convinced the Kidde one has developed some fault, I might send it back to Kidde to have a look for their own research and feedback learning.

So how did he test with a smoke pellet go on amuse us
You are now acting very stupid and making a big fool of yourself , I don't intend to entertain idiots like you. |Oh and you can now get stuffed. thanks.

safety comes at a financial cost not a human cost,some people dont get that.

Last edited by a moderator:
For info, the June edition of Which? has an article highlighting the recall of several alarms which have been declared 'potentially dangerous'.

Sponsored Links
Back