Aqua panelling

Sponsored Links
The ends look like this on both sides. Would probably have to cut the bottom of it off to get a decent edge to fit in the bath.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-08-23-33-53-84_be80aec1db9a2b53c9d399db0c602181.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-08-23-33-53-84_be80aec1db9a2b53c9d399db0c602181.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 60
always best to put the tyres with the deepest tread on the rear

Sponsored Links
Ah, that's the cheap nasty hollow core stuff isn't it? There should be some end cap profiles available for it. The panelling made from plywood or solid laminate is much better quality though

Wall panel seal will give a waterproof seal at the bath top.

Attachments

• IMG_0198.png
    IMG_0198.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
Looks like aquapanel brand. Normally it's 2.4 mtr long to allow trim down to 2.3.
You can get a good cut with a decent circular saw and masking tape. Would normally scribe into the bath edge and silicon and scribe ceiling and silicon that as well. Use the corner profiles for corner and end profiles if needed.

Quickfix in a hmo new tray and panel yo sort out dodgy wall..

Attachments

• IMG_20230213_183002.jpg
    IMG_20230213_183002.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20230214_143625.jpg
    IMG_20230214_143625.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 36
That's Honeycomb wet wall that hasn't been stored properly, the edges have been compressed, showing the internal webbing.
The panelling made from plywood or solid laminate is much better quality though
Couldn't agree more, so much more expensive tho.

All the shower boards I've bought have been the same at the ends, I suspect it's to do with how there clamped for the saw to cut at the factory.

Either way the instructions normally say both ends will need trimming before fitting.

Strange, all the board I've worked with and the joiners I've worked with get don't have any of that marking on them. Most if it comes boxed up with edge supports and comes out without any of that on it at all.

Doesn't solve the problem though, OP, the guys I know that work with it all the time use a jiggy with a new fine cutting blade and support the cutting edge well.

I fitted some hollow panels in our en-suite corner shower. From Celplas.
I think I had the tidy the ends up. Masking tape (black panel) and a standard hand saw.
End caps for the sides
Used the same type of seal Foxhole linked on the top of the tray.
Silicon joint from top to ceiling to tidy

Look fine. You can see the underlying structure when the sun shines on them. Maybe that is due to the colour.
No more grout to scrub :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back