Aqualiga power shower cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon,
I have a Dolphin Coniston AKA Aqualiga Aquastream single boost speed power shower fitted in 2007. A week or so ago it was badly whining on a couple of separate uses and yesterday the motor stopped mid shower which happened again this morning
As I see it there are 5 possibilities:
1. The switch is intermittently failing. The cartridge has obviously been leaking during use (I hadn't noticed) and the switch has been getting wet. However it does still click when I press it.
2. The motor has seized. I see from another forum that this was an issue but the armature seems to rotate well enough.
3. The brushes are worn. From other forums they are only supplied with the motor and it looks like the motor end cap needs to be removed to get them out. Any-one know how to get them out?
4. The plastic link from the control knob to the switch is too worn. It seems to be working ok to me.
5. The water is getting into the switch and turning it off. It only seems to be a very slight leak. (Poor design that this can happen).

I will, obviously, be fixing the leak, probably £80 worth, but I don't want to spend £25 on the loom and/or £80 for a motor on the off chance that is what it is.

Any-one any ideas, please?

Thanks,
Bob

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.
Yes, it's always a difficult equation, whether to give in and buy new or repair.
If it is the loom it is around £24 and I may be able to get a set of brushes (possibly!) for around £20. I might be able to fettle (bodge) the leak for a while.
We are considering having a new boiler fitted by the end of the year and will probably go for a combi-boiler which would preclude a power shower anyway. For this reason I would rather get it working if it costs less than around £70.

Cheers,
Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back