Aqualisa old unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi moved into our new house 2 weeks ago. Ive just had a vented system put in. Everything is great now as i have mains pressure throughout the house.
Our ensuite shower room had a leak at some point. There is a old aqualisa shower in there ive sorted out the leak now. The cold water & pressure is great but when u turn the dial to hot no hot water is coming out its just cold. But the hot water pipe going into the unit is hot. Do u think it could be the something in side the unit it self gone wrong?? Sorry for the long message
20200203_212209.jpg

Sponsored Links
Does your shower have the thermostatic valve?

Last edited:
I assume you have an UNVENTED system installed. The filter may be blocked on the hot water inlet ,or the valve itself is kaput.

Yes sorry unvetted system. The hot water in the basin is fine. So im a amusing its something in the shower unit itself

Sponsored Links
Perhaps the mains cold pressure is higher than the unvented hot water? Can you restrict the cold flow to the shower using a shut off valve?

Edit. Isolator valve. That’s the word I was looking for. :mrgreen:

Do you have access to the pipework on the other side of the tiled wall ,and are there isolator valves on the hot and cold pipes feeding the shower valve ?

you can get a replacement cartridge for these, which can be fitted from the front.

If it has been correctly installed you can get at the whole mixer by removing the trim ring.

But are you sure the hot and cold pipes are connected to the right sides, and the mixer is not upside down? Try it with the boiler turned off so the supply pipes are both cold.

When did it last work correctly, and what has been done to the plumbing since then?

Can you see a model number or name? Most round-knob Aqualisa shower mixers are thermostatic, but there is at least one with a pressure-balancing cartridge. I don't recall if there is a manual mixer, their own design of thermostatic control was the big selling point that built the company's success. If you take out the cartridge it will have a colour identifier, a coloured plastic ring on the front. But the one you take out may not necessarily be correct.

Ive had valves put on the pipe work in the loft. So i can shut cold & hot off.
I cut out the back wall to find the leak. Thats sorted now. The main hot pipe going into the unit itself is hot but no hit water comong out of the shower?

Are the valves round red handled gate valves ? Did you close the hot one off when fixing leak ?

JohnD
I only moved in 2 weeks ago. I just had a unveted system put in at the weekend. There was little to no pressure at all in the ensuite when i moved in.

so it may have been faulty a long time? Are you in a hard-water area? The mechanism might be jammed with limescale

It if had been leaking in the past somebody might have put an extra valve in to try to stop it.

You may be able to identify your model on
https://www.aqualisa.co.uk/parts-accessories.html

I've seen that knob type before.

No i had lever valves put on toinght. Both open water is running fine just no hot in the shower

Then the valve internally has a blocked filter on the hot inlet ,or the mixer valve itself is kaput. Or ,if fitted ,non return valve stuck closed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back